Singing Brass

All general pitch-to-MIDI thoughts, suggestions, complaints, etc.

Moderators: johnmc, james

FlemmingP

Singing Brass

Post by FlemmingP »

Is it possible to use the B2M with a Microphone so I could sing for example Brass sounds Live ?

regards
FlemmingP
Denmark
soundog

Re: Singing Brass

Post by soundog »

FlemmingP --

I have used the i2M successfully singing into a microphone and using WIVI Band (a DAW plug-in) trumpets and trombones. You need to have the 12M setup for Voice/Wind, with Pitch Bend turned on, and I suggest having Legato turned on also. The tracking is very accurate, so for best results you need to be able to sing well!
FlemmingP

Post by FlemmingP »

I would like to hook directly up to my Fantom G keyboard, not through any other Hardware.
So I thought that the use of either B2M or G2M could be a solution

regards
FlemmingP
soundog

Post by soundog »

Ah, I see. I haven't tried those products with voice, so I'm not sure what the results would be. And you're right, the i2M requires USB input, with no MIDI out.
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Both G2M and B2M work well with voice. The "voice/wind" mode of the i2M musicport has some small changes to improve tracking with purely monophonic inputs, but even without this mode, tracking is very good.
axelcyril

Post by axelcyril »

According to my opinion B2M is American Vocal Group. It one of the best style is Brassier singing. This style was dub like hip hop doo wop. This song presented by the Boyz 2 Men.