B2M to USB

The B2M™ Universal Bass to MIDI Converter.

Moderators: johnmc, james

Crippsy

B2M to USB

Post by Crippsy »

Hi, stupidly, I assumed the i2M was an iPad product and bought the B2M for my bass. Too late, I have to get this working now. I'm connecting a midi to usb convertor cable into the B2M and then running Reaper (windows 10, 64 bit) but Reaper isn't seeing the B2M. Has anyone had experience with this? Need help and hoping I haven't wasted my money. My midi/USB keyboard just plugs in and works. I thought the B2M would be the same.
james
Site Admin

Re: B2M to USB

Post by james »

Reaper should just see the MIDI-to-USB converter when it is connected to your computer. It should appear as another MIDI port. Once this is working, When the B2M is connected to it, all the MIDI it sends should then end up in Reaper.

If the MIDI-to-USB converter isn't appearing in Reaper check it is working correctly: does it need drivers, or is it class-compliant?

Where did you get your B2M? Was it bought directly from Sonuus? If so, do you want to exchange it for an i2M musicport?
Crippsy

Post by Crippsy »

Unfortunately, I didn't buy it from you. I tried to but you didn't have stock. I bought it from GAK in Brighton. I'll keep trying the Midi/Usb convertor. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

OK.

Have you got MidiOx? (http://www.midiox.com/) If not, I suggest you get it because it's a great utility to help debug MIDI problems. If MidiOx can't see your USB-MIDI Converter, check in Windows Device Manager to see if the device is installed correctly.
Crippsy

Post by Crippsy »

Thanks. I haven't got that. Will try it out.

Dave