linux (kxstudio)

See what i2M musicport™ reviews have been written by magazines, blogs and end-users.

Moderators: johnmc, james

zprod

linux (kxstudio)

Post by zprod »

i look allover the net and the forum....to make my i2m working on kxstudio!
and i do not have a sound....
is there a good soul outthere who can kidly take me by the hand?
i am a beginner in linux!
ans my english is not so good....(i am french!)
thanks.
i have tryed to uinstall festige....but i san find the folder where the plugin i2m is....
james
Site Admin

Re: linux (kxstudio)

Post by james »

I don't use Linux, so I can't help you with specific details about this OS.

Are you using the i2M for audio input?

The best place to start is to get audio running without the i2M using your computer's sound card (or another external sound card). Once this is working, connect the i2M and use it only as a MIDI device.
zprod

Post by zprod »

i was using it as an audio device ...to play guitar on windows (ableton) and it works fine... but
on linux....:-(
because it says on the sale pitch that is linux compatible i think the makers of the toy should provide support!
no?
i bought it when it costed 100! and they is no way for me to go back to windows!
Last edited by zprod on Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

It does work on Linux - the audio/MIDI drivers are standard, so any software that supports standard USB-Audio Class drivers should support the i2M. But we don't provide any Linux software (drivers, editor, etc).

To use audio input on the i2M, you need software that will allow you to use one device as the input (i2M) and another as the output. In OSX, the common audio applications allow this. In Windows, they don't so the i2M ASIO driver lets you do this. I don't know what Linux provides.

My comment about testing with MIDI only is to get a good starting point so you know everything is working before you try to use audio on the i2M. We recommend the same thing with Windows and OSX too.
zprod

Post by zprod »

thanks james...
but their must be a good (linux) soul...outthere who has/had the same "problem" that i have...
yes i see iém musicport on claudia but it shows only the midi port not the hi-z!(audio)
and the guitarix blows just a white noise...