New i2M musicport

See what i2M musicport™ reviews have been written by magazines, blogs and end-users.

Moderators: johnmc, james

james
Site Admin

New i2M musicport

Post by james »

We will soon be announcing details of our new product: the i2M musicport.

Here is a quick teaser of what it can do for your music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kknfLNLYlZQ
Soham

Re: New i2M musicport

Post by Soham »

Hi!

Have the new i2M musicport the Tuner of the G2M? (for guitar), and signal led? Or is general converter audio-midi
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

The i2M musicport doesn't have a built-in tuner like the G2M and B2M. It converts the signal to MIDI (like the G2M and B2M) but also includes a USB audio interface, so you can use any software tuners on your PC/Mac. For best tuning results, we recommend Peterson's StroboSoft (www.strobosoft.com) which is the best software tuner available.

It does have an LED display to indicate current operating mode (there are 4 presets available) and to tell you when the input signal is clipping.
BertAnt

Post by BertAnt »

i'm thinking of getting one since i currently looking for ASIO USB guitar interface :D

great work guys !!
BertAnt

Post by BertAnt »

almost forgot... is the pitch detection the same as in G2M / B2M or is it better / improved in i2M ? ;)
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

The pitch detection technology in the i2M musicport is basically the same as that used in the G2M/B2M, but there are performance improvements. Since the G2M, we've done lots of R&D to further improve the speed/accuracy of the pitch detection. Also, since the i2M musicport is USB-powered, we can use more processing power without worries about draining batteries.

Initial feedback from beta testers confirm that general feel/performance of the i2M is improved over the G2M/B2M.

I also did some comparisons with a Roland GR-20, and the tracking of the i2M musicport was not only faster but felt more musical. The GR-20 really couldn't capture the nuances of the pitch bend very well.
BertAnt

Post by BertAnt »

wow, that's great then !
james wrote:I also did some comparisons with a Roland GR-20, and the tracking of the i2M musicport was not only faster but felt more musical. The GR-20 really couldn't capture the nuances of the pitch bend very well.
that's amazing....considering GR-20 detects pitch that came from hex pickup, which i think in theory should have a clear advantage ;) also it's great knowing that the bend detection is even more responsive now :)