Signal splitting problem

The i2M musicport™ MIDI Converter & Hi-Z USB Audio Interface

Moderators: johnmc, james

Ilkka

Re: Signal splitting problem

Post by Ilkka »

Hello James,

I think I finally solved the problem. It was an audio driver / sample rate issue. I was using the asio 4 all driver to be able to utilize more output channels. i2M asio doesn't give me more than two output channels in Live. My sample rate setting in asio 4 all was 44.1 kHz.

When you suggested that I would make a recording of the audio when midi drop out occurs in 48 kHz, the problem vanished. I use 44.1 sample rate basicly because most of my audio files are in 44.1.
Asio 4 all has an option to do automatic conversion between 44.1 and 48. I had this option checked. The conversion probably is what causes the problem. I suppose i2M doesn’t support 44.1 kHz, does it?

Best
Ilkka
james
Site Admin

Re: Signal splitting problem

Post by james »

Hello Ilkka,

That's interesting.

The i2M does support 44.1kHz, however this is done by sample-rate-conversion inside the i2M. The i2M internal sample clock is always fixed at 48kHz. When it is opened at 44.1kHz, it should work seamlessly though audio quality won't be quite as good as when it's running at 48kHz.

I'll certainly look over that code to see if there is anything that could cause a problem.

James