Can i plug my multi effects pedals output into I2m ?

The i2M musicport™ MIDI Converter & Hi-Z USB Audio Interface

Moderators: johnmc, james

Kevinharps

Can i plug my multi effects pedals output into I2m ?

Post by Kevinharps »

Hi I actually play harmonica. I use a audix fireball v into a digitech rp355 to play electric stompbox effects. I also want to use a turbo harps elx electric harmonica for effects. Both get better response then say a bullet mic or dynamic mic!( And I think the audix fireball v would be great for other instruments that need mic-ing(horns,flutes,vocals, etc) on a side topic)

Wondering can I use an effects processor (in my case digitech rp 355)or other guitar pedals output into i2m musicport to computer program head phones out to amp/pa?????????????????

Any guitar players done it? I realize i'll have to tinker and eq and level. Just wondering if a guitar pedal can be pluged into the device
don't see why not, but not positive it will work didn't see anyone do it on you tube or in this forum.
Kevinharps

Re: Can i plug my multi effects pedals output into I2m ?

Post by Kevinharps »

Ok so I would go into midi and then into pedal ok ;)
james
Site Admin

Re: Can i plug my multi effects pedals output into I2m ?

Post by james »

The problem is not connecting an effects output into the i2M, but rather what the effect does to the sound that may affect the pitch-tracking. Pitch-tracking requires the signal to be as "nice" as possible. If you add lots of overdrive, or any time-based effects (reverb, chorus, delay), it will cause problems. Small amounts of effects, particularly gentle EQ won't cause problems, and in the case of EQ can actually help in some cases.

Of course, there is no problem if you use the i2M just as an audio input to your computer.