I2M desktop editor troubles in Windows 7

The i2M musicport™ MIDI Converter & Hi-Z USB Audio Interface

Moderators: johnmc, james

Doudi2M

I2M desktop editor troubles in Windows 7

Post by Doudi2M »

Hello,
I have just switched from a laptop configuration to a new desktop computer (now MAO can come to me).
On my laptop everything was (almost) going fine and I was able to configure and use my I2M musicport under Windows 8 operating system without any issues.
Now that I am running Windows 7 things doesn't go so well. The device is not really recognized:
- only associated midi input are accessible in my favourite Daw (Reaper)
- the asio driver is not recognized by Reaper
- I2M Desktop Editor does not find the device
It looks like I am having some troubles with the asio driver but I can't figure out what really goes wrong.
Did somebody already solved such issues?
Thanks a lot for any help and sorry for my poor english

Doud
james
Site Admin

Re: I2M desktop editor troubles in Windows 7

Post by james »

- only associated midi input are accessible in my favourite Daw (Reaper)
- the asio driver is not recognized by Reaper
Did you install the 32-bit, or 62-bit version of the ASIO driver? If you are running a 64-bit OS, it is best to install both the 32-bit and 64-bit ASIO drivers. The ASIO driver has to match the DAW you are using, not the OS. So a 32-bit DAW on a 64-bit OS needs the 32-bit ASIO driver to be installed. So, installing both versions of the ASIO driver makes sure it works with all DAWs.
- I2M Desktop Editor does not find the device
If audio and MIDI is working from the i2M, the editor should work. Maybe the drivers didn't get installed correctly by Windows? You can try rebooting, and also connecting to a different USB port -- it will then reinstall the drivers for that port. If that doesn't work, you can unistall the i2M (use Device Manager) and select "delete the drivers" option when you do this. Then reboot and try again.