Using i2M on stage

The i2M musicport™ MIDI Converter & Hi-Z USB Audio Interface

Moderators: johnmc, james

yjdjp

Using i2M on stage

Post by yjdjp »

I've just purchased the i2M and want to use it on stage. I use Garageband on MacBook Pro. I have no idea how to switch between my guitar (going through pedals and amp) to the 12M (going through my Mac). I assume I need a controller foot pedal, but have no idea what to look for, or how to set up my equipment (ie Do I have all the equipment in series, or do I have to split them so the i2M/laptop is 'outside' of my guitar setup?)

I also want to use a RC-30 Loop pedal to loop sounds from my 12M and switch to my guitar sound to play over. I'm totally new to midi.

I'd be grateful for any advice or links to helpful sites. Thanks.
james
Site Admin

Re: Using i2M on stage

Post by james »

Look for A/B (or A/B/Y) footswitches. These take your guitar in and send it to one of two outputs (A and B), or some can send to both outputs at the same time (Y).

You connect the i2M to one output (say A), and your amp and effects to the other (B). Then using this footswitch you can toggle between using the i2M and guitar.

We use this setup when demoing at guitar shows, and it works well.

To loop sounds from the i2M, you need the output of your MacBook going into the RC-30. Exactly how you connect the RC-30 output depends how you want to use it. It could just be connected to a mixer so your effects outputs and the RC-30 outputs are mixed together to go to your amp.