USB fails to recognise it

The i2M musicport™ MIDI Converter & Hi-Z USB Audio Interface

Moderators: johnmc, james

avenir

USB fails to recognise it

Post by avenir »

Well I'm hugely disappointed I've just received the i2M musicport, I've plugged it into my pc using the usb cable in glows red and I get the message unrecognised usb device. I've tried this on both my Win7 desktop and my Win8.1 laptop. I get the same message as both simply do not recognise the device and the software can't see the musicport.

The error message from Win 8.1
"The last usb device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and windows cannot recognize it."

so the plug and play isn't working and it looks as if the device is faulty.

Is there a technical support email or phone number I can't see one?
I either want a refund or a replacement ie one that works.
james
Site Admin

Re: USB fails to recognise it

Post by james »

It sounds possible that the i2M is faulty. This doesn't happen often, but I've seen this a couple of times caused by a failed solder connection.

The fact you tried two computers, suggests this is the problem, rather than a computer-side issue.

Where did you buy it, what's your order number, etc? Please send me a PM with your details and we'll arrange a replacement to be sent to you.
jame

Post by jame »

I have the same problem....I plugged the i2M into the USB of my Macbook pro and the sonnus light turned to red, but then nothing happened. :cry:
Same thing when I tried to connect it to my iMac and also to my iPad Air2. The i2M have not been recognized by all these three devices.
I think my device is faulty. How can I get a replacement ?...
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Have you tried another USB cable?

Rarely there can be a problem with the supplied USB cable, but it does happen. This is more common than a defective i2M. Please check if it works with another USB cable. If it still doesn't work, the i2M must be faulty, and we will replace it for you.