Windows 10, Guitar Pro 6 & i2m

The i2M musicport™ MIDI Converter & Hi-Z USB Audio Interface

Moderators: johnmc, james

raurilio

Windows 10, Guitar Pro 6 & i2m

Post by raurilio »

Hi, I have a new Windows 10 machine and a new i2m unit. When I plug the i2m into the USB port, it flashes green and the i2m musicport software does pick up the guitar signal when I play. However, I do not see the *i2m musicport* USB device or *Hi-Z Input* anywhere on the PC. I'm trying to connect my guitar to Guitar Pro 6 software. Do I need another piece of midi software to sit between Guitar Pro 6 and the i2m to make actual *.mid files to imort into GP 6? I'm brand new to midi so any help would be greatly appreciated. - Rick
james
Site Admin

Re: Windows 10, Guitar Pro 6 & i2m

Post by james »

In Guitar Pro you need to go to the MIDI settings to select the i2M musicport MIID device. Have you tried to do this?
raurilio

Post by raurilio »

Totally missed that. It works now but GP6 is not the most transcription (play / record as you go) software. I realize it's not something you offer but could you recommend another piece of midi recording software that would like me record in real time and then manipulate / edit the transcribed score later? Thanks
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

I have used Progression, but it was a few years ago. I've not used it recently. I remember it was pretty good though.

Have a look here:

https://www.presonus.com/products/Progression
raurilio

Post by raurilio »

Looks interesting. Do you remember how the software did with string and position recognition? I've been looking around the board and it seems like some programs just capture all the guitar notes on the low E string.
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

I can't remember exactly, but I think it did an ok job at guessing the strings.

With most notation software, you have to NOT select "MIDI guitar" as the input device because that assumes each string is on its own MIDI channel. Instead select "MIDI keyboard" or similar, then the software knows it has to try and work out which string the note came from. Often you can give it some guidelines (limit it to specific frets, for example) to make it do a better job.

The other thing that no notation software seems to do is take account of pitch-bend. So note-bends don't get transcribed.
raurilio

Post by raurilio »

Ok. Looks like a decent piece of software. I may give it a try. Thanks for the tips.
leonferrara

Post by leonferrara »

Hello :)
I am Leon Ferrara from New York city. I hear about this issue at first in this forum by you. thank you all for discuss this issue.
:) :)
http://www.idmkey.com/idm-crack-free/