I2M and Cubase 5 problems

The i2M musicport™ MIDI Converter & Hi-Z USB Audio Interface

Moderators: johnmc, james

felipevarasm

Re: I2M and Cubase 5 problems

Post by felipevarasm »

I tried in other computer, and works fine.

To resume, audio recording, Sonuus i2m works only with audio driver Asio4all, but not with i2m official Asio Driver. The problem is latency in ASIO4ALL.

Any solution?
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

What audio device are you using as the audio output? I think this is the problem. Maybe it worked in the other computer because it uses a different output device?

You should be able to use you focusrite interface as the audio output (using it's ASIO driver with the i2M ASIO driver).
felipevarasm

Post by felipevarasm »

Actually i'm using only the I2M connected to my computer. The output is by my speakers / headphones, the problem persists.
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

The audio devices in computers are often not very good at low-latency. I think this is why you are having problems. It may be that the latency you get with ASIO4ALL is the best you can get from your computer audio hardware.

You will always get better results if you have another ASIO device for output and use the i2M ASIO driver (then you have two low-latency devices connected together by the driver).
kenedy

Post by kenedy »

If you install ASIO driver then your problem will be solved.
http://www.soran.edu.iq
salsero

Post by salsero »

Howdy..... in your screenshots I couldn't see whether your track's audio monitor was engaged..... next to the "Record Armed" button? That's often caused a lot of aimless pursuit elsewhere in ASIO drivers, Windows 7 Audio control panel, etc. Just engaging that one track monitor button was the ticket. Watch your volume when clicking on it..... !

You also might try "Voicemeeter"...... untangled all my problems, and it's very stable and latency-free:

"Voicemeeter" at http://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr/Voicemeeter/

Weeks of chasing ASIO drivers vs Win7 drivers vs software-dependent etc...... all solved by this magical 'ware.

Just in case you check out Voicemeeter, MY consistent setup for Cubase 5 and using the i2m:

Hardware= PreSonus AudioBox 22 VSL, Win7 desktop system, the i2m
1.) Windows 7 x64 Ultimate sound driver: VoiceMeeter as default on both record and play devices, NO "listen to this device...." settings.
2.) Cubase device set to VoiceMeeter, and a mono channel input in VST Connections.... this allows track to monitor a mono guitar input.
3.) Voicemeeter's standalone interface:
channel 1: i2m Hi-Z
channel 2: (open)
skip across the "Virtual Input" strip to VM's Hardware Out channels, assigning "AudioBox 22 VSL" as "A" channel's output. The "B" virtual output is open.

I could be describing a ridiculous and redundant setup above, would be appreciative of any suggestions....

good luck on the track monitor suggestion, hope it's the solution!