I2M and Cubase 5 problems

The i2M musicport™ MIDI Converter & Hi-Z USB Audio Interface

Moderators: johnmc, james

felipevarasm

I2M and Cubase 5 problems

Post by felipevarasm »

Hello,

Im wokring with i2m and cubase 5, and i can not record anything in audio . I bought this interface with the urge to make arrangements with my MIDI guitar and bass, as well as audio recording guitars format. I installed, and even formatted my computer (from Windows 10 to Windows 7) to see if there are compatibility issues, and I could not record anything.

I'm working with Cubase 5.

Please, somebody help me, so far can not find meaning to interface since it can not do what I want, and I bought it to record audio and midi.

Note: Excuse my English, I am from Chile.

regards!!
james
Site Admin

Re: I2M and Cubase 5 problems

Post by james »

Have you installed the ASIO driver for the i2M musicport? If not, I recommend you do this first.

Then make sure you select the "i2M musicport ASIO" driver in cubase. This video may help: https://youtu.be/WVKbRA-Imcs

So you can hear an output with the i2M, you need to use another audio device for output. You can do this from the "settings" panel of the i2M ASIO driver. You can access this through Cubase -- I don't have Cubase to test this, but there there will be an option to open this somewhere. You need to setup a "chained" device. The i2M ASIO driver includes a pdf manual that explains how to do this.
felipevarasm

Post by felipevarasm »

I have attacheed pictures with my setup.

I can hear the guitar by the i2m asio driver, but the problem is cubase dont detect audio for recording.

I have tested this some times and I do not know what else to do. Please help me.

Thank you very much.
Attachments
3.png
3.png (129.93 KiB) Viewed 12421 times
2.png
2.png (110.41 KiB) Viewed 12421 times
1.png
1.png (232.5 KiB) Viewed 12421 times
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

I don't use Cubase, so I'm guessing here...

Do you need to arm a track (select the "R" button on the track) before you can monitor the input?
felipevarasm

Post by felipevarasm »

That what i do, al settings in cubase for audio recording are ok. Midi works, but not audio.

Have sonuus tested the i2m musicport with cubase 5? I mean recording audio?

Thank you.
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

We haven't tested it in-house, but we know there are lots of users using the i2M with Cubase without problems.

What are the buffer sizes set to in the ASIO driver? It's hard to see in the screenshot. Try setting this to 256 or 512 to see if it makes a difference.
felipevarasm

Post by felipevarasm »

I Tried setting this to 256 or 512 and same answer.

I think is a bug between I2M and cubase 5.

In order to repeat the problem: The i2m detect audio, i can player and hear guitar audio, BUT the general problem is Cubase cant detect audio, for recording audio. I have recording several times with other interfaces (focusrite, ultranova, for example) but not with i2m.

Please i need help, and i would like to know that Sonuus has been tested in cubase 5 the i2m audio interface.

Regards.
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Another thing to try. This can see if the i2M ASIO driver is having problems.

Try ASIO4ALL (http://www.asio4all.com/) instead of the i2M ASIO driver. Sometimes this works better than the i2M ASIO driver, but usually the i2M ASIO driver works better -- it usually depends on what chained device you are using.
felipevarasm

Post by felipevarasm »

Ok, with asio4all driver works. But the latency is the problem.

Anyway, now, when i was recording with asio4all, i hear an annoying noise, similar to radio frequency interference.

Any solution?

I am not satisfied with the product, too many problems and not tested in cubase 5.
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

The "interference" could be a problem with ASIO4ALL when it tries to match the sample rate of the i2M with whatever audio output you are using. Which device are you using for the output?

We can't test with all software that is available, but I do know many users use the i2M musicport with Cubase 5 without problems. I did test with an old version of Cubase (maybe version 5, but I can't be sure) years ago, but I don't have that computer or Cubase now.

I suspect the output device is the problem. This could explain why the i2M ASIO driver wasn't generating output and why ASIO4ALL is generating interference.