firmware update.

The i2M musicport™ MIDI Converter & Hi-Z USB Audio Interface

Moderators: johnmc, james

dmcmasters

firmware update.

Post by dmcmasters »

I've just tried to update the musicport to the latest firmware using the edit app. It has put the unit into update mode but has been updating for going on 30 minutes or so. Should the update from firmware 1.00 to 1.0400 take this long?
james
Site Admin

Re: firmware update.

Post by james »

Have you installed the firmware updater application? I am assuming you haven't done this. The editor should warn you that it couldn't find the updater.

If you are using OSX, you need to make sure the firmware updater is in the same folder as the editor (otherwise it won't find it). In Windows, it's easier, just make sure both are installed and they'll find each other.
LluchJovi

Post by LluchJovi »

It doesn't work on Mac. The Editor opens the directory to find it, you choose the file and......the editor hangs with a blank window. The sonuus freezes in update mode.
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

This can happen if you don't have the firmware updater installed. This needs to be in the same directory as the editor. In Windows, it doesn't need to be in the same directory and the editor will find the updated as long as it is installed somewhere.