Strange issue with extra channel clean of clean tone

The i2M musicport™ MIDI Converter & Hi-Z USB Audio Interface

Moderators: johnmc, james

TreyW

Strange issue with extra channel clean of clean tone

Post by TreyW »

I picked up an Musicport last week and I've been trying it with different programs. I've been having an issue where in addition to the normal 2 channel stereo i2m output I'm getting a secondary clean guitar signal for some reason that overlaps. In Amplitube the clean tone overlaps the output signal from Amplitude. This happened with BiasFX too, but NOT with Guitar Rig. If I turn off the output from the i2m in the settings the clean signal is still there even though the i2m is showing zero output. I can't figure out what the hell is going on.
james
Site Admin

Re: Strange issue with extra channel clean of clean tone

Post by james »

Are you using the i2M's ASIO driver?

This has an "Input Monitor Level" you can use to get monitoring of the input. Make sure this is set to minimum, which will turn this off. This might be what's happening.

Open the ASIO control panel from your software to access these settings.
TreyW

Post by TreyW »

Well, I did a complete uninstall and reinstall. Now I'm getting no audio output at all unless it's DirectSound.
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

I assume you are using the i2M musicport ASIO driver? You didn't confirm, this.

If so, what settings have you got on the driver, can you post a screenshot?
TreyW

Post by TreyW »

Sorry, life got in the way. I haven't had time to fiddle with this. Screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/b2MLy
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

I have two suggestions:

(1) On the i2M ASIO driver, change the "Input Monitor Level" slider and set it to minimum value (thumb tab should be at the bottom). At maximum it will pass the input signal to the output, so you will get a clean signal on top of whatever effects you are using.

(2) The i2M is a mono input. Guitar Rig's inputs are using the i2M "L" and "R" inputs. This should be ok, but remember that both of these inputs will be the same. If you can only use one input, best to use only the left one.