I2M App not compatible with Mac Version

The i2M musicport™ MIDI Converter & Hi-Z USB Audio Interface

Moderators: johnmc, james

AKiser

I2M App not compatible with Mac Version

Post by AKiser »

I'm running Catalina 10.15.3 and am recieving an error message when attempting to open the i2m app. When i click on the learn more, it takes me to an apple page about 32 bit app compatibility. What can I do to fix this?
james
Site Admin

Re: I2M App not compatible with Mac Version

Post by james »

The i2M still works fine in OSX Catalina (it's a class-compliant USB device), but the editor doesn't. In OSX Catalina, Apple removed several frameworks that the editor requires, so it is not a simple job to make it work. We are evaluating options for this, but it may require the OSX version of the editor to be rewritten from the beginning. So currently we don't have a timeline for when this will be complete because it is not a simple change. But we are making some progress.
erikawatson

Re: I2M App not compatible with Mac Version

Post by erikawatson »

james wrote:The i2M still works fine in OSX Catalina (it's a class-compliant USB device), but the editor doesn't. In OSX Catalina, Apple removed several frameworks that the editor requires, so it is not a simple job to make it work. We are evaluating options for this, but it may require the OSX version of the editor to be rewritten from the beginning. So currently we don't have a timeline for when this will be complete because it is not a simple change. But we are making some progress. 8 ball pool
Thx, appreciate it!