USB i2m not recognized

The i2M musicport™ MIDI Converter & Hi-Z USB Audio Interface

Moderators: johnmc, james

jb36123

USB i2m not recognized

Post by jb36123 »

Hello,
I'm on windows XP 32 bit
I could successfuly install and use the i2m, until I tried to update the firmware. I got an "Firmware update error".

Since then when I plug my i2m it is not recognized as an USB device by windows (not in the USB device list), although i2m is green lighting.

After that I could finaly update the firmware with the updater. But I still can not see the i2m device !

The i2m software seems to be OK.
I tried unplg/plug, reboot many times ...

What can I do ?

Thibault
james
Site Admin

Re: USB i2m not recognized

Post by james »

In case the firmware download was corrupt, maybe try to download this again? It does include checksums so it shouldn't try to load a corrupt firmware, but it's not 100% foolproof (just very unlikely to go wrong).

Is firmware updating always reliable? You can connect the i2M while holding down its button to enter firmware update mode so you should be able to do this many times without problems.

If the green light is on when running normally, it means the i2M has been detected by the computer and communication has started. In this mode, does the i2M button let you change operating modes (change the LED colour or make it flash)? Is there any sign of the i2M? it will appear as an audio device (Audio and MIDI ports), and also a HID device (used by the i2M editor). So does any of Audio/MIDI/editor work?