Not been able to start i2m

The i2M musicport™ MIDI Converter & Hi-Z USB Audio Interface

Moderators: johnmc, james

Termite

Not been able to start i2m

Post by Termite »

Hi,
I got the sonuus i2m just yesterday, but havent been able to make it work.Most probably i m doing something very wrong.
I have windows 7 ultimate on my system. I have updated the firmware of i2m too. I have tried it on Pro tools LE 8 and Nuendo 4 as well as a few standalone vst's(aruria arp 2600v).
In Pro tools i dont see i2m listed in the midi devices. In nuendo in " device panel" as soon as i switch to the i2m driver it shows"hardware not found".But i am able to see that if i pluck the guitar hard i can see the sonuus logo turn red (that means the signal is going into i2m) plus it is powered , that means the usb connection is working fine as well. In the "device manager" though there is an exclamation mark(!) at i2m musicport and it shows that the drivers havent been installed.Can someone please guide me to a page on the web from where i can red and correct my errors.
Thanks
Termite

Re: Not been able to start i2m

Post by Termite »

Read the other posts in the forum and installed another version of windows and got it working!
james
Site Admin

Re: Not been able to start i2m

Post by james »

I believe that sometimes Windows gets confused when installing the drivers, and this can result in a state like this where it is detected, but not fully installed.

We have an in-house test utility that will uninstall all instances of i2Ms from the device manager. It may be that this could help in this situation, I can't be sure. We can't make the utility public, but we can PM it to people if they request it -- note this is used at your own risk, however, because it's not been widely tested, only on some development and testing machines here.

Anyway, I am pleased you have fixed the problem for now.