recording audio with i2m

The i2M musicport™ MIDI Converter & Hi-Z USB Audio Interface

Moderators: johnmc, james

walters741

recording audio with i2m

Post by walters741 »

I have a new computer which is running windows 7 64 bit and i use cubase 5 which is 32 bit which works fine with the midi function of the i2m but when trying to record audio i can hear my guitar but the pre count distorts like theres something wrong with the asio drivers then doesnt record any sound. im using the 32 bit drivers but its not helping the matter ive tried installing both but nothing changes i dont know if this means i need to have my computer running at 32 bit for all this to work normally?
james
Site Admin

Re: recording audio with i2m

Post by james »

The 32-bit ASIO driver is correct because Cubase is 32-bit.

I'm not sure what pre-count is, is it a count-in before recording starts?

Does it work without pre-count?
walters741

Post by walters741 »

yes, and when i use the asio drivers for midi it doesnt sound right either, i have to use asio4all. when it does record something it shows no sound on screen and the halfs the picture of what it recorded.
walters741

Post by walters741 »

Also i have the same problem if the pre count is on or off
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

It may be that there's an incompatibility with the i2M ASIO driver and your version of Cubase. But we've not heard any other reports about that.

Using ASIO4All, can you get things working correctly? Our ASIO driver essentially does the same as ASIO4All, but in many cases does it better. In some cases, however, ASIO4All works better.
walters741

Post by walters741 »

ASIO4ALL works with the midi, but if i try to record audio there is no sound. if i use the i2m asio there is sound but it doesnt record. has it got any thing to do with the computer being 64 bit?
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

It shouldn't be because your computer (OS) is 64-bit.

ASIO isn't really a driver, but runs as a service. As which, it needs to be the same "bits" as the application. So, if you have 32-bit Cubase, you need 32-bit ASIO drivers even on 64-bit Windows.

Can you record audio from the i2M without ASIO? So just use the default Windows (MME) drivers, either into Cubase or into Windows Sound Recorder just to check that's all working correctly.
walters741

Post by walters741 »

it does record with the windows sound recorder, and that is with the i2m set for recording in the control panel settings.
i had a vista before and it worked ok but i had to upgrade because there was a lot of latency with it, so the i2m does work it must just be cubase being the problem at the minute.
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

It does sound like it might be a Cubase problem, let us know if you make any further progress with it.