Windows 7 64 bit issues need help plz

The i2M musicport™ MIDI Converter & Hi-Z USB Audio Interface

Moderators: johnmc, james

oneeyered

Windows 7 64 bit issues need help plz

Post by oneeyered »

Greetings,

I have a Toshiba Qosmio Laptop I am trying to use to noodle with. When I plug the i2M into the laptop it plays directly through my speakers. However, no matter what program I try to use (latest one is mixcraft) I cannot get sound through the sampler program. My system uses a SPDIF (Conexant smartaudio HD) Interface for Midi which comes up in configuration of the ASIO ( I do have the 32 and 64 bit ASIO files however every program I try to run is running in 32 bit) but when the program (s) recognize everything and I can see levels in every program responding I still get no sound. I try to bypass the SPDIF and just direct out from HI-Z to speakers like I do if I just simply plug into USB but still no go.

I am frustrated at this point and wonder why I continue screwing around with Microsoft garbage for music and audio anymore ( however I game too hence the paper weight for musical aspects). Any help would be greatly appreciated besides telling me to get a MAC and Garage Band or Pro tools :)

Update: While drowning in the Texas heat cutting my grass and getting bombarded with a dust storm in the process (Thank the Lord for masks) it dawned on me to simply try this running out my HDMI to my theater system. So I will try this shortly and post the results.

Update 2: Well I get the same thing. I can run directly in from the i2M and play just fine but trying to key up a software program just won't work. I can go through the settings and make sure its in ASIO and Hi-Z but still cannot get sound to come out of any said program, synth sampler, etc... I am convinced that its the crappy Windows wave garbage as the culprit as usual; However, disabling it does nothing for me either.
james
Site Admin

Re: Windows 7 64 bit issues need help plz

Post by james »

Is there a mixer app for your computer's built-in audio? I'm wondering if something is setting up some low-level routing which means the output is being routed where you don't want it to do.
oneeyered

Re: Windows 7 64 bit issues need help plz

Post by oneeyered »

james wrote:Is there a mixer app for your computer's built-in audio? I'm wondering if something is setting up some low-level routing which means the output is being routed where you don't want it to do.
Just the standard volume mixer James. The Conexant has a SmartAudio mixer but I cannot see anything that bypasses or routes audio.