Sonuus - i2m - Nuendo 4 M Audio fast track pro

The i2M musicport™ MIDI Converter & Hi-Z USB Audio Interface

Moderators: johnmc, james

vispyh

Sonuus - i2m - Nuendo 4 M Audio fast track pro

Post by vispyh »

Hi James,

I have purchased sonuus i2m. And my set up has Nuendo 4 DAW and M audio fast track pro. My sound card out (M Audio) is connected to the speakers. Problem facing is

no 1 how do i configure my i2m to nuendo 4 and listen to the out put from my speakers which are connected via my M audio sound card.
no 2 I have downloaded the required software from your site for i2m, but in the process my DAW(Nuendo 4) is not displaying i2m at MIDI "in port" in my DAW.

How do i make it work using my current set up

Will appreciate your help on this asap - will be obliged. ty
james
Site Admin

Re: Sonuus - i2m - Nuendo 4 M Audio fast track pro

Post by james »

Are you using OSX, or Windows?
no 1 how do i configure my i2m to nuendo 4 and listen to the out put from my speakers which are connected via my M audio sound card.
For MIDI, it will work like any other MIDI device (e.g., a MIDI keyboard).

For Audio, you need to be able to use two audio devices, synchronised together. In Windows, we do this by using our ASIO driver. This lets the i2M be used as an input and another audio device to be used as an output device. You can then setup the ASIO driver to use your M-Audio card as the output device. When you select the i2M musicport ASIO driver as your audio device in Nuendo, any audio that is sent to it is routed to your M-Audio card.

In OSX, you can do the same by creating an "Aggregate Device".
no 2 I have downloaded the required software from your site for i2m, but in the process my DAW(Nuendo 4) is not displaying i2m at MIDI "in port" in my DAW.
Does it show up in any other software?

Be aware, there is a Windows bug in Windows XP if you are using this. All USB MIDI devices appear as "USB Audio Device" rather than their proper name, so instead of appearing as "i2M musicport", it will appear as "USB Audio Device". This only affects Windows XP, and was fixed by Microsoft in Vista and above.
vispyh

Post by vispyh »

hey James thanks a lot for the input appreciated.
the sonuus is showing its audio driver in the device set up bt nt in the midi input
i m using windows xp sp3
so is it necessry for it to show on midi in port or midi input and if it is how do we do it
i would also let you know about the two audio device syncronization
bt thanks a lot for helping
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

So, is the i2M isn't showing up in device manager under Audio/Sound devices? It should appear as "USB Audio Device".

There is a known problem with XP where it can be temperamental with USB devices, we have seen it with the i2M and other audio devices (USB headsets for example). And there doesn't seem to be a simple fix when this happens.

Here are a couple of posts that may give a bit of help:

http://www.eqmag.com/article/fixing-win ... g-07/30616
http://support.microsoft.com/default.as ... 10575&fr=1

For the ASIO driver, and "device chaning", this is described in the i2M musicport ASIO manual (which is part of the ASIO driver download from our site).
vispyh

Post by vispyh »

hey thanks for the suggession bt
1. if we go to device setup in neuendo 4 then under vst audio system i can see the sonuus asio driver bt
bt if i go to midi port set up in device set up i cannot see the usb audio device
my usb audio device is working fine it shows everything in device manager i have tried under everyusb port on my computer bt the only prob is that sonuss is nt there under midiport set up in device set up.........plzzzz solve my prob i have gone mad since mrning trying t o sort out the prob
(neundo 4 windows xp ,sp3)
vispyh

Post by vispyh »

and also my friend forgot to mention that i m nt able to open .sfu file extension how to do that
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Is the Sonuus LED on the i2M lit?

Have you tried the i2M editor (downloaded from our site)? You should be able to connect to the i2M and configure it via USB.
vispyh

Post by vispyh »

yes everything is lighting and i have downloaded the i2m editor and installed everything
the only place i m stuck up is the midiportset up under device set up in nuendo4 everything else is ok
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Ok.

We've tried it here.. created a MIDI track and on the left hand panel you get a dropdown menu with which to select the MIDI device and it shows 'USB Audio Device'

You can also select 'ALL MIDI INPUTs' and it should also work.

Can you try Midi-Ox (http://www.midiox.com/) to see if you can get any MIDI into that from the i2M? When you run it, just select Options | MIDI Devices , and you can select your MIDI inputs there. The Input monitor (View | Input Monitor) will let you see what MIDI messages are being received.
vispyh

Post by vispyh »

hey james ill try it tomm the studios shut bt thanks a lot for the answers i m sure u guys have been the best .................
let me figure out everything frm the start may b a small hitch here and there ill gt in tou ch gain thaks a lot ....
i like ur services.............