Sending Program Change msg to i2M to change Mode

The i2M musicport™ MIDI Converter & Hi-Z USB Audio Interface

Moderators: johnmc, james

le3dmax

Re: Sending Program Change msg to i2M to change Mode

Post by le3dmax »

hi,
I tried that, many times, and doesn't work.
I've installed a midi monitor on my mac and seems that he LPD8 is sending prgm messages, but doesn't reach the i2m.
Well, I'll keep trying to find a solution, I really need to change the modes during the songs.
Thanks for your help!!
LD

james wrote:I have sometimes seen OSX get confused.

If you go to the Audio MIDI Setup utility (in the Applications / Utilities folder) then click on the MIDI Devices tab you should see a device for the i2M musicport. If you unplug the i2M, then delete this device in this utility, it will be created again when you plug the i2M in again. This often fixes MIDI problems with USB devices.

Certainly worth trying that, or seeing if you can send test messages to the i2M from that utility.
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

I hope you find out what's gone wrong. If you do, please let us know!
le3dmax

Post by le3dmax »

Hi James, I could fix the problem using the MIDI Patchbay ( http://notahat.com/midi_patchbay/).
Thanks man!! LD
le3dmax

Post by le3dmax »

Hi James, I could fix the problem using the MIDI Patchbay ( http://notahat.com/midi_patchbay/).
Thanks man!! LD
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Great :-)
twalker

Post by twalker »

Hope no-one minds if I "bump" this thread - I thought it was more appropriate than starting a new one and asking the same question :P

I'm looking very seriously at the i2M, to add to my iPad-based "mobile" recording setup. Although I understand the i2M works well with iPads (via the USB-Lightning adapter), I imagine there's no iOS version of the i2M settings editor, so I guess I'd have to configure the i2M via our Mac (no problem).

I am also wondering about buying the Akai LPD8, not just for drum-pads, but also other MIDI controls. From this thread, am I right in thinking that I could send a program-change message from the LPD8, which would then switch settings-programs on the i2M? (I've successfully connected multiple devices to an iPad via a USB hub and the Lightning adapter.)

This looks like I've developed a case of GAS (Gear Acquisition Syndrome) before Christmas ;)

(BTW: thanks James for all your help on this forum - I think I can say on behalf of folk on here, we do appreciate it!)
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Yes, you can do this. In the i2M editor, just select "program change" to be the program number you want to use to select that preset (mode). By default, this is set to "off". When the i2M then receives program change with that number it will select the preset for you.

Glad to be of help!