firmware update

The i2M musicport™ MIDI Converter & Hi-Z USB Audio Interface

Moderators: johnmc, james

fastert60

firmware update

Post by fastert60 »

I would like to know how long does the device need to be connected to the computer as the latest firmware is being updated in i2M musicport.. The question to be precise is, when do we have to disconnect as the red light keeps on flashing?

thanks

joseph
james
Site Admin

Re: firmware update

Post by james »

When the firmware is being updated, the Firmware Updater application will show a progress bar. When this is complete, the i2M can be disconnected.

Also, when you quit the Firmware Updater after doing an update, the i2M will automatically reboot into normal mode.

Full instructions (pdf) are included with the firmware Updater if you are not sure how to use it.
soundog

Post by soundog »

FYI...
When trying to update firmware to 1.3 from 1.2 using the MusicPort sw on a Mac Mini Server running Lion 10.7.3, I encountered the following:

- select Upgrade Firmware from the sw app
- from Choose a File, navigate to the i2Mmusicport_1_0300.sfu file
- select Choose

The i2M flashes red, a window appears states "Error! No such File or Directory", the Open File window creates a spinning beach ball and the software hangs. No firmware upgrade occurs. Have to Force Quit to exit, and reboot the i2M. I have tried downloading the firmware again and also placing the sfu file in different directories. The same problem occurs.

I resorted to using the Firmware Updater 1.0.02 software, which worked correctly.
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

On OSX, the Firmware Updater must be in the same folder as the i2M Editor app. Otherwise when the editor tries to launch it, it can't find it.

As you have found, you can always run the firmware updater manually to upgrade the firmware without using the editor, but you need to unplug/reconnect the i2M while holding down the mode button to get it into update mode.
soundog

Post by soundog »

Ah ha!! Thank you...should have found that. Nonetheless, all is working splendidly.