i2m on acoustics

The i2M musicport™ MIDI Converter & Hi-Z USB Audio Interface

Moderators: johnmc, james

james
Site Admin

Re: i2m on acoustics

Post by james »

OK, that indicates everything is working correctly.

Now, try to put in a "good" signal to the i2M to check the MIDI latency. Ideally, it should be a high-frequency (2 octaves above middle C, for example) and a sharp plucked sound. Something like playing a high note on a guitar's top string works well, using a pick.

The latency should be only slightly different from what you experience on a keyboard. 5-10ms additional latency at most.

The signal shouldn't clip on the i2M, but it should also be large enough to give it a good signal (you can monitor the signal level using the audio output of the i2M).
braguesa

Post by braguesa »

Tried that, already. Are you shure OS has no influence? Have you tried with a windows 7 laptop with good tracking, no noticeabale latency?
braguesa

Post by braguesa »

james
Site Admin

Post by james »

That post is really to do with MixCraft not being able to access some MIDI devices. There is also a post (actually from the the same person) on this forum too: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=698
braguesa

Post by braguesa »

Asio4all, much better results!
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Ah, were you using the i2M ASIO driver? I thought you were using the i2M for MIDI and another audio device (and it's drivers) for audio output. Sorry if I misunderstood.

In some cases Asio4All works better than the i2M ASIO driver, and sometimes the i2M ASIO driver works better. They work in slightly different ways and it depends on the underlying hardware which works best.
braguesa

Post by braguesa »

Are you plannig a non-beta asio driver?
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

We are planning to up-version the existing version to 1.0 (non-beta). There will be no changes to it.
braguesa

Post by braguesa »

?
braguesa

Post by braguesa »

Some days using asio4all, with better results, but still not useable in a live situation. My boss micro br80 is way better, with lower latency, but it has no midi. Well, I play celtic and it's a rythmic oriented music, with fast melodic passages. I thougut I could handle that, but is not possible. I feel the latency delay!