Cubase 6.5 & i2M musicport™ ASIO Driver = no sound

Dedicated forum for feedback and support on the ASIO driver for the i2M musicport™ MIDI Converter & Hi-Z USB Audio Interface.

Moderators: johnmc, james

Xunoura

Cubase 6.5 & i2M musicport™ ASIO Driver = no sound

Post by Xunoura »

Hi,

I am using cubase 6.5 64 bits and win 7. When i change the VST Audio System to i2M musicport™ ASIO Driver i just cant get no sound on VST'is or audio in Cubase!
james
Site Admin

Re: Cubase 6.5 & i2M musicport™ ASIO Driver = no sound

Post by james »

The i2M musicport has no audio output. When you select it's ASIO driver, by default this will also have no output. I assume this is why you have no sound.

The solution is to go to the i2M's ASIO driver control panel (via Cubase) and select a "Chained Output" to use. This lets you use the i2M as the audio input and another device as the audio output. Then you will get sound out.
Xunoura

Post by Xunoura »

Hello again,

Can you explain me step by step just for me to know if i am not missing something! Thanks!
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Please read the i2M musicport ASIO driver manual (this is installed when you install the ASIO driver). It explains what each of the parts of the control panel do and what to set.

But, it is very simple:

(1) Select "Use Chained Output Device" and this will enable the "Chained Output" section so you can select an output device to use.

(2) Select an output in the "Chained Output" section. Depending on what hardware you have you may need to try different options, and only some options will be available. You just have to try which option works best for you (try ASIO first, then KS (WDM) then WASAPI) and select your output device from the list.

(3) Set the buffer size to something that gives low latency, but also doesn't cause problems.... Start with setting the i2M drivers buffer size (the one at the top) to 128, and the output device also to 128. If you get problems try making the output bigger (try 256, and 512).