i2m ASIO latency

Dedicated forum for feedback and support on the ASIO driver for the i2M musicport™ MIDI Converter & Hi-Z USB Audio Interface.

Moderators: johnmc, james

TGD

i2m ASIO latency

Post by TGD »

I'm struggling to get the ASIO driver working.

Generally, ASIO4ALL is significantly better.

The i2m driver doesnt seem to work at all in Cubase. Got it going in Guitar Rig, but slight latency - trying to press on the numbers for buffers in the i2m ASIO control panel doesnt do anything.

Any updates expected soon? And when you updating, please make a note of "release date". Thanks,

(running Win7 x64)
i7 Desktop
and
i7 MacBook Air
james
Site Admin

Re: i2m ASIO latency

Post by james »

Does ASIO4ALL work well enough for you?

We have found that in some cases, ASIO4ALL works better with some output devices, but in most cases our ASIO driver works better.

Which audio output device are you using, and which type of drivers is it using (ASIO/WDM, etc). Generally, you get better results if the output device has it's own ASIO driver because our driver can hook into that more simply.
Any updates expected soon? And when you updating, please make a note of "release date". Thanks,
It's a good idea about the release date, we will try to do that in future.
TGD

Post by TGD »

In my case, just using the i2m with the windows default driver for my MacBook Air.
ASIO4ALL seems to work quite nicely.

ASIO4ALL says WDM Device List (at the top).

But thinking about getting a Roland Quad Capture to accompany the Macbook Air.
rotatingadrian

Post by rotatingadrian »

Hi Guys

I have just brought an IM2 and am having the same problems with my Desktop Pentium 4 3ghz PC running windows XP (2gb ram?) with Delta 10/10 soundcard and Cubase 3. I have set the ASIO up and there is quite a significant delay and poor latency (unlike the 10/10 on it's own)

Do you suggest I try ASIO4ALL next and unistall IM2 ASIO??

I am also having latency troubles with the Midi, I presume these are seperate issues and will not be linked? :?

Thanks for any help - I think it will be an amazing tool; if I can solve the set-up puzzles.

Thanks

Adrian
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

I have a Delta 1010 too it it works very well with the i2M ASIO driver.

In the i2M ASIO control panel, have you set the "Chained Output" to be "ASIO" and one of the Delta 1010 stereo outputs selected in the drop-down?

For lowest latency, I have found using ASIO as the chained device works best. What buffer size are you using on the delta 1010? And what buffer size are you using on the i2M ASIO driver? Here, having both set to 128 works well. That gives a latency of 2.6ms (at 48kHz) for each of the ASIO drivers, so the actual latency would typically be twice that.

Using the i2M ASIO driver with a chained output will never have latency as low as using only one driver because the audio clocks are not perfectly synchronised, so there needs to be sample-rate conversion between both device and this requires a small time buffer to do this.

What kind of latency are you getting?