Wahoo on but stuck in bypass

For the Wahoo™ Dual-Analogue, Digitally-Controlled Wah/Filter Pedal

Moderators: johnmc, james

sbrook

Wahoo on but stuck in bypass

Post by sbrook »

Hi Sonuus, during recording my Wahoo suddenly stopped processing signal: it will power on but seems to be stuck in bypass. I can hear the relay clicking but that's it.
This also appears to be an intermittent fault because it starting working again the next day. Not sure how to proceed!
Steve
james
Site Admin

Re: Wahoo on but stuck in bypass

Post by james »

When it was stuck in bypass was the guitar dry signal still ok?

If so it sounds like the relay wasn't switching correctly (there are actually 2 relays: one controls the soft-muting, the other controls the signal switching) so it's possible you only heard one of these).

If the voltage for the relay is too low it might not switch correctly. It might have been a strange power glitch (power too low for some reason).

Any other symptoms?

Are you using the latest Wahoo firmware?
sbrook

Post by sbrook »

The dry guitar signal was fine.
It may have been a power issue so I'll double check my connections.
Is it always worth updating the firmware and can I still do this even though my Mac OSX operating system is still on 10.5.8?
sbrook

Post by sbrook »

UPDATE: Pedal stopped working again today. I have just installed the latest firmware but it has made no difference. Power supply is fine and I have tried different ones. I was hoping to use the Wahoo at a record company showcase on monday...
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

It may be a power supply problem internally in the Wahoo -- but I'm only guessing.

I'll send you a PM so we can help you resolve this by email.