Midi Out From Enable Switch?

For the Wahoo™ Dual-Analogue, Digitally-Controlled Wah/Filter Pedal

Moderators: johnmc, james

lampwiikk

Midi Out From Enable Switch?

Post by lampwiikk »

Hello, I would like to be able to use the Wahoo as an expression pedal in my DAW when it is off, and then when I hit the switch to turn the MIDI on, send a MIDI message to disable its use as an expression pedal in my DAW. As far as I can tell there is no MIDI message sent from the switch, just an ability to turn the pedal on with MIDI input. Is that correct, and if so is there any plan to enable this function?
james
Site Admin

Re: Midi Out From Enable Switch?

Post by james »

You are correct: just now the footswitch can't sent MIDI messages (unless it's being used to change presets then it will send the program changes MIDI messages).

It certainly could be added in a future firmware update. Would this be sent every time the footswitch was pressed? Because of the multi-function options of the footswitch, pressing it doesn't always so the same thing (e.g., enable/disable effect, or advance through presets). Should the MIDI message only be sent when the footswitch is in one mode?
lampwiikk

Post by lampwiikk »

Ideally it would be configurable and allow turning the feature on and off as well as being able to assign different CCs for an enable press or bypass press. I would also suggest maybe being able to send a midi CC in response to a toe or heel down event? I use my guitar for midi stuff a lot and like to use the wahoo as an expression pedal, so my goal is to be able to use the enable button to switch from my midi guitar channel to my regular guitar channel in Ableton while also activating the wahoo.
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Thanks for the feedback. I've added this to our list of possible future features to be investigated.