Wahoo Midi control

For the Wahoo™ Dual-Analogue, Digitally-Controlled Wah/Filter Pedal

Moderators: johnmc, james

NeverDunn

Wahoo Midi control

Post by NeverDunn »

Hi,

I'm trying to control my Wahoo with my Boss ES-8. I've got the preset change down, but I'm struggling to use CC messages.

What I would like to do is to be able to open the filter at the touch of a button. I can assign buttons on the ES8 to different functionalities, in this case I want to be able to switch on a specific loop, add the 2nd output and open the filter of the Wahoo. I know this is possible on the Boss ES-8, I've got 2 out of 3. But I'm not sure where I have to input the midi data of the Sonuus in the Boss.

First off, for some reason, when I switch the Wahoo to Pedal (rEM) or Pedal (Ctl) mode, it only lets a very low signal level through. First I thought it didn't let anything through, but it does, only a little.

The second problem I have is that I just don't really know how to get the CC messages to work. I can read in the manual certain values, but it just won't work.
Here's the menu I have for the controller:

Source:Num6 (button) | Mod:Mom(entary) | Category: MIDI | CH:13 | CC#: ??? | Min: ??? | Max: ??? | Active range L: 0 | Active range H: 127

I have considered sending expression messages, or just control the cutoff, and have considered setting Filter 1 to channel 14, but I still don't get it.

Everything is updated to the latest firmware. I understand that this problem is between the Sonuus and the Boss, but if someone has a view on this, I would love to hear it.
jiminix

Re: Wahoo Midi control

Post by jiminix »

I'm in the same bad way...presets Ok, but nothing else goin'...hope you will have an answer soon :)