MIDI channel select option.

For the Wahoo™ Dual-Analogue, Digitally-Controlled Wah/Filter Pedal

Moderators: johnmc, james

digi2t

MIDI channel select option.

Post by digi2t »

Would it be possible to consider changing the present program change MIDI channel from "OMNI", to one that is selectable (i.e. 1 - 16)?

I'm presently using the Wahoo in a fairly complex set up, where I have MIDI clock involved, yet sending program changes to some of my equipment also changes the program on the Wahoo when it isn't desired.

This is a real PITA!!!

Could you PLEASE (with a cherry on top) make it so I can set the Wahoo to listen only on a selected channel.
james
Site Admin

Re: MIDI channel select option.

Post by james »

Yes, I agree with you. It is something we want to add: an option to select the listening channel.

Similarly, for sending the expression pedal controller, we want to be able to select the MIDI channel, and the MIDI controller that is being used.

Hopefully we can get this into the next update. If you need it quickly, maybe we can do a special firmware for you with the listening MIDI channel hardwired to a particular value, just for you? This would be quick for us to do, and might tide you over until the update is available?
digi2t

Post by digi2t »

James,

I'm in no screaming rush, but when do you think an update will be available?

If you think that it will be available soon (a few weeks), I would rather that you folks concentrate your efforts on making a solid firmware update for all, rather than a "one off" for me. In the end, I'll just update it anyway.

If you think it will be several months before the next update, then yes, I'll take a firmware with the unit listening to channel 13, please.

Just ensure that the LFO will sync to an external MIDI clock signal, when selected as such, regardless of channel selection.

Thanks,
Dino
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Dino,

I'll review this later in the week to see when we might be able to do this. I'll probably get you a special test version because it honestly won't take long to do that, and it benefits both of us: you get it quicker, and we get to check it does what you need it to do before we roll out a bigger change.

There won't be problems with MIDI clock because that isn't channel-based, but global.
digi2t

Post by digi2t »

james wrote:Dino,

I'll review this later in the week to see when we might be able to do this. I'll probably get you a special test version because it honestly won't take long to do that, and it benefits both of us: you get it quicker, and we get to check it does what you need it to do before we roll out a bigger change.

There won't be problems with MIDI clock because that isn't channel-based, but global.
Excellent! I don't mind being a beta tester.

I kind of figured the clock was global, but I thought I would mention it anyway... just in case.

Thanks James!
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Please try the attached firmware (version 1.1.05). This will only respond to MIDI program change, and band select, messages on MIDI channel 13 (counting from 1).

Let me know how you get on.
Attachments
Wahoo_1_0105.sfu
Wahoo firmware 1.1.05 (MIDI channel 13 test version)
(104.05 KiB) Downloaded 574 times
digi2t

Post by digi2t »

Thank you Sir!

I'll test it today.

Cheers,
Dino
digi2t

Post by digi2t »

SUCCESS!!!

My Wahoo no longer changes presets when I change programs on Molten Midi Tempo Brain.

It only responds to program changes on channel 13 now, and the MIDI clock sync works perfect.

This should be rolled into the next update, including choice of channel through the Wahoo software.

This pedal is groundbreaking. Thanks guys! :D
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Excellent !

Thanks for the quick update. We will aim to include this in the next update. We will probably only allow configuration of the channels through the editor software -- I don't think there's a huge need to allow this on the pedal itself.
digi2t

Post by digi2t »

That's a good idea. I don't believe that it's something that anyone would be changing often enough to merit adjusting directly on the pedal.

Cheers,
Dino