on off via pedal movement not working

For the Wahoo™ Dual-Analogue, Digitally-Controlled Wah/Filter Pedal

Moderators: johnmc, james

Thedevil1

on off via pedal movement not working

Post by Thedevil1 »

after weeks of use as normal suddenly the pedal wont come on by moving the pedal only the button. i entered into the custom settings and no matter which mode i enter on or off it will not work. i really need that to work how do i restore operation?
james
Site Admin

Re: on off via pedal movement not working

Post by james »

Is the pedal working correctly? Maybe you need to run the pedal calibration procedure (described in page 29 of the manual). If it's working, you should get numbers around 300 in the heel-down position, and 490 in the toe-down position.

If that's ok, there must be something not set correctly in custom settings. Which version of firmware are you using?
Thedevil1

Post by Thedevil1 »

latest version 1.02 and my calibration is 290-490. so after power cycling several times i eventually got this feature to work correctly again, so for now im back up and running. however i have lost alot of faith in this pedal working on stage or in the studio when its most important that it will work...ive only had this newly purchased pedal a month and given the amount your charging for it i am not expecting no trouble at all.
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

I'm pleased you got it working again, but would like to know why it stopped -- it shouldn't do that. Indeed, we designed the Wahoo to be very reliable in both a hardware and software. But it's a complex product, so it's possible something is wrong.

Do you have any idea what happened when this stopped working? Did the pedal stop functioning completely or could it still Wah but not turn the effect on?

I wouldn't expect power cycling to have any effect, so it's worrying me that you think this is what made it work. When it wasn't working, did you notice if any other settings were not correct (the custom settings, or the preset selected on startup)?
Thedevil1

Post by Thedevil1 »

i did notice the pedal was not responding at all, i would scan thru different factory presets and would click on the on button to activate but when i rocked the pedal back n forth there was no effect at all present. i recently added a mxr power block for supplying pwr to all my effects and i decided to plug that into a surge protected power strip and i would normally power it off every day after a jam session. all my other effect pedals were normal though.....
now i am afraid to power down at all
Thedevil1

Post by Thedevil1 »

i also notice that when i enter into custom settings mode and i scan thru options. one comes up saying po.t but there is no reference to what that means within the manual.....
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

i did notice the pedal was not responding at all, i would scan thru different factory presets and would click on the on button to activate but when i rocked the pedal back n forth there was no effect at all present. i recently added a mxr power block for supplying pwr to all my effects and i decided to plug that into a surge protected power strip and i would normally power it off every day after a jam session. all my other effect pedals were normal though.....
now i am afraid to power down at all
I suspect this may be a problem we've seen on a few units: a faulty connector that is used to connect the pedal sensor to the digital board can be unreliable. Since this was discovered, an alternative connector has been used in production. And, not all of the units with the first connector have had problems.

If you shake your Wahoo can you make the pedal work/not work? Don't worry -- you won't damage anything by shaking it.

Were did you get your Wahoo, and what's its serial number?

The fix for this is simple: the connector can be removed the the wires can be soldered directly to the digital board to make the connection very reliable. It doesn't take long to do, but we probably need to get this back from you to do the repair, unless you have the skills/tools to do it yourself.
i also notice that when i enter into custom settings mode and i scan thru options. one comes up saying po.t but there is no reference to what that means within the manual.....
We forgot to add that to the manual :oops: but it will be in the next version. Thanks for pointing it out to me.

Po.t = power-save timeout (as shown on the Wahoo Editor)

This sets the time to enter a lower-power state to prolong battery life when the effect isn't enable. It dims the LED display to save power, but maintains the analogue circuits fully-powered, so the effect can still be enabled instantly. By default this is off.
Thedevil1

Post by Thedevil1 »

yes please check your email
Flop54

Post by Flop54 »

Hello i Think i've the same trouble.. I notice that sometimes my expression pedal dosen't work and after it work again. I have try a calibration and the power unit off but i think it work again by chance without any reason...

I want to use it in live shortly and i begin to have less confidence.
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Florent, can you send me a PM with the details of where you bought the Wahoo, and it's serial number please.