Wahoo LED not working

For the Wahoo™ Dual-Analogue, Digitally-Controlled Wah/Filter Pedal

Moderators: johnmc, james

coop240

Wahoo LED not working

Post by coop240 »

One strip of my LED is not working. So each letter is missing a part of the letter. I can post a picture if needed.
james
Site Admin

Re: Wahoo LED not working

Post by james »

There is some built-in testing on the Wahoo that you can use to check your LEDs (and some other things too).

To start the tests, do the following: press and hold these three things: FILTER1/2 button + LEVEL knob + SAVE button and at the same time connect power to the Wahoo. (i.e., it has to power-up with this special combination pressed).

The display will then show "-E-". Release the buttons and it will then show "t01" (i.e., test 1).

To test the 7-seg display:
With "t01" shown, press the SAVE button. Each segment of the 7-seg display will light in turn, starting from the left-most digit. The only other LED that will be lit is the SAVE button.

To exit the test, press SAVE.

To test the other LEDs
Press "UP" arrow to that "t02" is shown. Then press SAVE to run test 2.

Each LED (but not the 7-seg display) will light in turn, running downwards in two columns. Only one LED should light at a time (apart from the SAVE LED which will keep flashing).

To test the buttons
Press "UP" arrow to that "t04" is shown. Then press SAVE to run test 4.

Each time you press a button, it's name will be shown on the 7-seg display. Check all buttons (including pressing knobs) works correctly.

Once you have finished testing, simply disconnect power from the Wahoo, and then reconnect power to resume normal operation.

Please let me know what you find when you do these tests.
coop240

Post by coop240 »

I did the test as described and the first test, the upper left led for each display 0.0.0. did not light up. The rest of the LED's on the pedal checked ok.
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Thanks for running these tests, it is very helpful.

This means there is a problem with the 7-seg display, either it has failed internally, or there is simply a bad solder connection going to one of it's connections. Either way, it needs to be repaired / replaced.

Where did you get your Wahoo? And what's its serial number? PM me if you prefer not to post this directly on the forum.