Wahoo Pedal Has Stopped Responding

For the Wahoo™ Dual-Analogue, Digitally-Controlled Wah/Filter Pedal

Moderators: johnmc, james

BBVox

Wahoo Pedal Has Stopped Responding

Post by BBVox »

Hi there,

I can't recall when I bought my Wahoo, but I am in the UK and registered to get one as soon as they were available. I can of course provide my name and address to help you trace me, but the serial no is 4000482.

I used it for a while initially and then bought a G-System and just switched to using the Wah on that out of simplicity. I have recently allowed a friend of mine to borrow the Wahoo, as it wasn't being used, and he has reported that the pedal is having no effect on the patches.

When it came off my pedal board it was working fine, but before I gave it to him I did a factory reset, however I did not test it afterwards.

He has tried another factory reset and has also attempted a firmware update.

Can you please help, we are at a loss at this point - he was supposed to be recording with it this last few days and is obviously disappointed. I'm embarrassed it's not working, as it was certainly not cheap!

Best wishes, Bill.
james
Site Admin

Re: Wahoo Pedal Has Stopped Responding

Post by james »

Hello Bill,

I am sorry to hear this. We had a few problems with a connector to the pedal sensor on some of the first Wahoos. It sounds like you have one of these. The best thing to do is to return it to us so we can repair it for you and get it back to you as soon as possible.

Everything else on the Wahoo should be working correctly, it should just be the pedal that has a problem -- is this correct?

I'll PM you with details of where to send it.

James
josh24

Post by josh24 »

This just happened to me as well. Pedal doesn't work at all. presets work fine but the pedal itself has no response. please advise. I can't even find a number to contact you
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

You've found the best place to contact us for help.

The first thing to check is that the pedal calibration isn't the problem. See age 29 of the manual). If it's working, you should get numbers around 300 in the heel-down position, and 490 in the toe-down position. If this is ok, press SAVE to complete the calibration and everything should be working again. If the numbers are very different, let me know what you get -- it indicates what the problem could be.

If it's not working, send me a PM with your details (where you bought the Wahoo, it's serial number, your address) and we will arrange for it to be repaired for you. It's a simple repair: just a loose wire.
petar

Post by petar »

Hi,

I have bought Wahoo couple of weeks ago, and today encountered the same problem. I entered the calibration mode and number is always around 900 regardless what I do with the pedal. Any suggestions?

Thank you,
Petar
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Hi Petar,

The pedal sensor needs to be repaired.

Where did you buy it? Where do you live? What's the Wahoo's serial number?

Can you send me all your details via a PM, and we can take it from there to ensure this is fixed for you as quickly as possible.
wiegersma

Post by wiegersma »

Hello James,
My pedal has stopped working as well.
Pedalcalibration shows 488 and 512.
What do I have to do to have it fixed?
I'm from The Netherlands, I don't know if it can be fixed here or that it needs to be send to the UK.
Hope you can help.

Vriendelijke groet,
Wiegersma
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

I've sent you a PM to get your details. We will repair this in the UK for you, ASAP.
jsw221

Post by jsw221 »

Sounds like I have the same problem.

I just bought my Wahoo last week. Had been working fine, updated the firmware without issue. Then I take it to band practice and the pedal decides to do nothing. Have to put it in envelope mode to limp through a few songs. Got a lot of grief from bandmates about my "new" pedal...

Calibration mode shows a value of 952-956 irrespective of pedal position.
The serial number is 4000326.
Bought in the U.S. (Sweetwater Music).

Let me know how to rectify this situation, cheers.
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

I'm very sorry to hear about this.

The best thing to do, because you are in the USA, is to fill out a Help Desk ticket with our US distributor, Peterson Tuners. Go to this link to do it: https://www.petersontuners.com/index.cfm?category=157

You can select the Wahoo as the product and complete the details you are asked for. Peterson will arrange a repair/replacement for you ASAP.