Wahoo Pedal Has Stopped Responding

For the Wahoo™ Dual-Analogue, Digitally-Controlled Wah/Filter Pedal

Moderators: johnmc, james

Loca69

Re: Wahoo Pedal Has Stopped Responding

Post by Loca69 »

Hi everybody.

I'm writing it on behalf of my friend Nikolay, because he doesn't speak English.

He have the same problem with Wahoo Pedal, and situation is complicated by the fact that my friend (and me too) lives in Russia.
In this situation, it would be easier to fix the pedal itself here, in Russia, rather then send it to UK for repair.
As I see, the problem is in the sensor, so could you tell us about this sensor - name, label, etc., so that my friend could buy it and to repair the pedal.

My friend lives in St. Petersburg, Russia.
Serial No 4000353. Bought on E-bay.

Hope for your help.

P.S. Sorry for my English, I had no practice for a long time, and Google Translate helped me))
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Hello,

No problem. We can help you by email.

Please send me a PM (private message) on the forum with your email address and I will email you a repair guide.

It is unlikely to be the sensor, but just the connector used (a standard 3-wire connector). It is simple to repair.
spottsy

Post by spottsy »

Well, it looks like we need a support group. My Wahoo just became an envelope filter as well. If I remember right one of the major selling points for the Wahoo was its virtually indestructible foot pedal. From all the posts it seems that Superpedal has kryptonite wiring. Is there anyway I can fix this problem myself or should I break out my CryBaby?

Pedal 4000740
Bought from Sweetwater
San Antonio, TX
CAL response on pedal fluctuating between 916 and 963.
spottsy

Post by spottsy »

Whew! That was a close one. Thanks for replying to Loca69 (or was it Loca68.) In any case the information was enough to repair my Wahoo. Seriously it is the best FrankenWah around and I've gotten hooked on it. I needed it tonight and trust me there is no substitute. Well, actually there is a sub but their combined weight is well over my limit. :D
jsw221

Post by jsw221 »

I should have posted this earlier, but Sonuus was immediately in touch with me after I posted on this forum and a new replacement arrived within a week of the problem first cropping up. All I had to do was ship the old one out to their US technicians. The new unit has performed flawlessly and the service from Sonuus has been exemplary (the communication from the US technician was a little confusing to say the least, but I got the idea when a new Wahoo arrived).
juancvalentine

Post by juancvalentine »

Hi:

I am having the same problem and I tried to calibrate it but numbers were from 900 to 925 and it didn't work.
The pedal is also a little stiffed. I live in Puerto Rico (US Territory located in the Caribbean) and bought the pedal two years ago from Musician Friends. I just wanted to verify where
can I send it to be fixed. The s/n is 4000209.

Thanks for your support.
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

I've sent you a PM so we can work out the best way to handle this for you.

Regarding the pedal stiffness, this is actually quite easy to change using a 10mm spanner (wrench), you just need the correct technique to do it. The trick is to hold the nut with the spanner and move the pedal at the same time to loosen the nut slightly.
Neiler

Post by Neiler »

Hi ,
I seem to have this same problem now too . I bought my Wahoo in November from your Ebay shop it is Serial number 4001043 . I'm in France so if there is anything I can do here that would be great as I don't have a back up pedal .
best regards
Neil
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Neil,

I've sent you an email to help you.
Neiler

Post by Neiler »

Thanks a million for your help James , Brilliant customer relations . Working perfect now . :)