james
Site Admin

Re: Wahoo Pedal Has Stopped Responding

Post by james »

Glad you are happy, Neil :-)
mmartin046

Post by mmartin046 »

Hello, I just bought a Wahoo from ebay, serial number 4000409. Having the same foot pedal issue; does not control the filter but auto-wah still functions. I live in the USA. Please let me know how to get the Wahoo going 100%.

Thanks!
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Please send me a PM with all your details, including details of your purchase and we'll help you get it fixed.
mmartin046

Post by mmartin046 »

Thanks James, Wahoo is working perfectly now!
bowser111

Post by bowser111 »

I'm having a similar problem, my wahoo cuts my signal out completely when i activate it. the signals fine in bypass. I tried to calibrate it but it just comes up CAL then nothing happens, ive also tried to reinstall the firmware but i just get an error message.
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Hi bowser111,

First the firmware update. What error do you get and how are you doing the update? If you are using the desktop editor, did you also install the Firmware Loader utility? The editor runs this to do the firmware update, and if it's not available, it can't do the update. If you are on OSX, you need to make sure the Firmware Loader is in the same folder as the desktop editor. In Windows, it will find it automatically.

Calibrate -- you mean to calibrate the pedal (and not the filter)?

What happens if you use a preset that doesn't use the pedal. For example, a touch-wah, or LFO (presets F20 - F 50)? Do those work correctly?
bowser111

Post by bowser111 »

Hi,
sorry i it took me so long to message back i didn't realize you'd replied.
yeh i meant the filter cal.
Yeh i used the firmware updater and the newest firmware, i cant tell you the message as its currently working.
I took the pedal apart to see if i could see any obvious fault and put it back together and it worked fine until last night, the exact same thing happened took it to practice engaged it and just silence.
I took the bottom off today pushed the circuit boards together and it works ok again, for now anyway.
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

This isn't something we've seen before, so I don't know what the cause could be.

Working/not working perhaps suggests a bad solder connection, possible on the board-to-board connectors (because moving these made it work). As a through-hole components, this is hand-soldered so is more likely to have problems than the surface-mount components.

No signal means the true bypass relay is working correctly (otherwise you'd just get the original guitar signal when active), which means power is getting to the analogue board to do this. So possibly a control signal to the filter is not getting through. This would cause the filter to close and you'd get pretty much nothing through it.

I would look at the bottom half of these connectors (the side furthest from the connector (back) side of the case). The bottom 10 pins have all the filter control signals (and some other things). A bad joint may not be obvious. If not, quickly heating each pin to reflow the solder should fix it (assuming it is a bad solder connection).
bowser111

Post by bowser111 »

Cheers, im not sure which pins you mean exactly though. If i look from the input end with the pedal upside down is it the first ten pins that connect the to circuit boards or? Is it possible to send me a picture? I tried to upload one but its to big.
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

See the attached photo. The pins to check are highlighted in the purple box.

No harm in checking all the pins though, but it's mostly likely to be those ones from what you've described.
Attachments
Wahoo_Filter_Pins.jpg
Wahoo_Filter_Pins.jpg (98.96 KiB) Viewed 9374 times