Wahoo Pedal Has Stopped Responding

For the Wahoo™ Dual-Analogue, Digitally-Controlled Wah/Filter Pedal

Moderators: johnmc, james

james
Site Admin

Re: Wahoo Pedal Has Stopped Responding

Post by james »

So the update starts and the progress bar on the updater starts to move, then you get an update error before it completes?

What state is the Wahoo in when this happens? Does it remain in "upd" mode? If so, does it go back to normal mode when you exit the firmware updater?

Could there be a bad USB connection / cable causing it to disconnect during the update?
joelpass

Post by joelpass »

I have just purchased a Wahoo. Used it yesterday, no problem. Today I was going to dive into the computer editor, and first I updated the firmware. And the pedal stopped working! Everything else on the pedal seems to work, but the pedal does not do anything anymore. Help!
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Sorry to hear that.

A firmware update shouldn't cause problems. Have you tried to recalibrate the pedal (as described at the end of the user manual)? Updating doesn't affect this, but there's always a possibility of an obscure bug!

As described on this forum, the numbers shown when calibrating indicate if everything is working correctly or not. What numbers do you get?

If it looks like a hardware problem, can you please send me a PM with details of where you bought the Wahoo. It sounds like it may be an old unit from the very first production run -- newer units don't have this problem.
joelpass

Post by joelpass »

When I enter calibration mode, the # wavers between 778 (in toe down position) and 780 (in heel down position).
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

It's a bad connection to the pedal sensor -- some of the very first units had a dodgy connector. The unit needs to be replaced so we can repair it... your retailer should be able to do this when you explain the problem.

Can you PM me with the details of where you bought it, so I can check why they had what looks to be an old-stock unit, and also in case you have problems getting an exchange.
peterwha

Post by peterwha »

Hi,

Having the same issue with the pedal sensor - pedal calibration is between 860 and 920.

Had the pedal since late 2013 - great pedal :)

How can I get a new sensor fitted ?

thanks
Peter

Problem sorted - cleaned the pedal sensor connector - re calibrated - good as new :)
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

:D Good to hear you fixed it.
peterwha

Post by peterwha »

Hi,

Same problem has happened again :(

I want to solder the sensor wires directly to the board, should I remove the connecting plug that is attached to the PCB and then directly solder the sensor wires to the PCB, or solder the sensor wires to the PCB plug socket ?

thanks
Peter
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Either remove the connector so you have 3 holes where you can solder the sensor wires into (this is the neatest solution)

Or bend the wires around the board and solder to the bottom of the PCB (to the pins of the connector). This is faster since the connector doesn't need to be removed. It works well, but isn't as neat.
peterwha

Post by peterwha »

Thanks James :)