Wahoo Pedal Has Stopped Responding

For the Wahoo™ Dual-Analogue, Digitally-Controlled Wah/Filter Pedal

Moderators: johnmc, james

bowser111

Re: Wahoo Pedal Has Stopped Responding

Post by bowser111 »

nice one cheers, i'll give that a go in a bit.
bowser111

Post by bowser111 »

Hi thanks for your help that seems to have worked, it hasn't cut out since i did it.
I do have another problem now tho (i think)..... The filter calibration doesn't put out any tone at all anymore, i can change manually to 880 with the filter knob though, is that fine or do i need to tune the tone to a5?
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

The filter calibration sets the filter to self-oscillate and you adjust the knob so you get 880Hz output. That way, the frequency you set on the Wahoo closely matches the actual cutoff of the filter.

Can you get the filters to self-oscillate if you set the Q to 100? (Set both lo and hi Q to 100 and you should be able to sweep the filter and it should output a tone when you do this).
bowser111

Post by bowser111 »

Hi, yeh it'll self oscillate with the q both set to 100.
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

That means the calibration should work.

You need to tune manually to A5 (not set the value to 880). I wonder if it's just set too high. 500 is the default to get 880Hz oscillation for most pedals, at normal temperature. Please try values closer to 500 to see if you get any output.
Draven777

Post by Draven777 »

HI James,
I see that you have a lot of responses to this. I actually JUST ran into this as well. I updated the firm ware about 2 weeks ago and last week durring band practice the pedal just stopped responding. I could click the on/off switch and the effect would turn on, but no sweep would occur what so ever, and even when I rocked the pedal, when the effect would turn on automatically during toe down position, nothing happened as well. It's like the pedal rocker doesn't respond any more at all. Do you think this requires repair? I also live in the United States and seen you gave someone else in the USA a link to fill out. Let me now what you think I should do. Should I maybe try taking the firm ware back to an older version? or just send the pedal out for repair/evaluation all together?

thanks!
Jacob
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Hi Jacob,

This has nothing to do with firmware update. However, have you tried to calibrate the pedal (see procedure in the user manual)? When you do the calibration, it will report some numbers when the pedal is in the heel-down and in the toe-down positions. Please let me know what these numbers are and it should indicate if there is a problem. It is possible (though not likely) that the calibration has been lost somehow.
bowser111

Post by bowser111 »

james wrote:That means the calibration should work.

You need to tune manually to A5 (not set the value to 880). I wonder if it's just set too high. 500 is the default to get 880Hz oscillation for most pedals, at normal temperature. Please try values closer to 500 to see if you get any output.
Its actuary started working again, not sure why but i cant complain.
Firmware update still doesn't work though, mine is currently 1.2.01. It recognizes the pedal and ask me to update but just says update error after a few seconds. I have the latest firmware and the editor and update software.
cheers.
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Let us know if the pedal stops working again.

Are you using OSX or Windows? Are you doing the firmware update from the editor, or directly using the firmware updater?

In OSX, the firmware updater app needs to be in the same folder as the editor.
bowser111

Post by bowser111 »

Cheer
It's windows, I've tried it with both ways, both come up with update error