Wahoo won't accept input

For the Wahoo™ Dual-Analogue, Digitally-Controlled Wah/Filter Pedal

Moderators: johnmc, james

NoelEiffe

Wahoo won't accept input

Post by NoelEiffe »

Sigh. This is my replacement wahoo, which I haven't used for awhile. Also, I just applied the latest firmware update and restarted..that appeared successful. I'm getting no guitar input at all on the wahoo.

1. Yes, bypass is not engaged.
2. Yes, tried multiple cables that work elsewhere.
3. Yes, tried a factory reset.
4. Yes, tried adjusting levels.

I can hear the output of the filter...it's just ignoring the guitar input completely?

Help?
james
Site Admin

Re: Wahoo won't accept input

Post by james »

First check the obvious: guitar is connected to IN, and amp to OUT? (I've set this up wrongly before and took a few minutes to work out why it worked in bypass, but not when enabled).

Next, you said the filter output seems ok. Also try setting the filter resonance to maximum so it self-oscillates. That will give you a good signal from the filter to check the output is ok.

Next, using the editor, select an envelope filter preset (F30-F39). When you play guitar it should detect it and the filter should move (look at the crosses on the filter display which should move to show the filter is moving).
NoelEiffe

Post by NoelEiffe »

james wrote:First check the obvious: guitar is connected to IN, and amp to OUT? (I've set this up wrongly before and took a few minutes to work out why it worked in bypass, but not when enabled).

Next, you said the filter output seems ok. Also try setting the filter resonance to maximum so it self-oscillates. That will give you a good signal from the filter to check the output is ok.

Next, using the editor, select an envelope filter preset (F30-F39). When you play guitar it should detect it and the filter should move (look at the crosses on the filter display which should move to show the filter is moving).

Just retried...getting nothing even with the guitar direct in, and no response to the guitar whatever. I guess the input jack is dead?

Ack. This is my 2nd Wahoo too...sigh.
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

We've never seen this before.

Is it working when bypassed?

Did you get a good signal from the filters when you set them to self-oscillate (and the effect is enabled)?

Where (which country) to you live?
NoelEiffe

Post by NoelEiffe »

james wrote:We've never seen this before.

Is it working when bypassed?

Did you get a good signal from the filters when you set them to self-oscillate (and the effect is enabled)?

Where (which country) to you live?
Bypass has no effect, except to shut off the bg filter noise...it's just completely not getting the guitar signal at all. Clearly the output is working. As I said I've tried multiple cables, direct in from guitar...no love. I'm in the US.
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Can you please PM me your details, including shipping address, email address and details of where you got the Wahoo.

I'll get our distributor to send you a replacement and investigate what's going on with this. I wonder if there is a short-circuit somewhere that's killing the input signal. When bypassed, it should be a straight-through connection from IN to OUT (through a relay). There is no electronic circuitry in the bypassed signal path.
diegopino

Post by diegopino »

Hi Support Sonnus.
Recently Buy the Product Wahoo. buy it from USA to mi Country Colombia.

The product is excellent but in present time I have problems with the Wahoo on The Transparent-True-Bypass, Because does Not Work!
I think it was the updating because in Shortly Time Stopped Working!

How Can Fix That? How Can Set to Default Factory?

Are any Firmware update because the version 1.1.02 Doesn't Work Transparent-True-Bypass.

Please see the Video, :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKlP4LSFUPM

Pics:
Sonuus Wahoo Pic

Thanks in Advance for the Support.

DiegoPino
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Diego,

Thank you for the video, it is very helpful. The problem is that the guitar is connected to the OUT and the amp to the IN. You need to change these over: guitar -> IN, and OUT -> amp.

It works when bypassed because it is true bypass, as soon as you enable the effect, there is no signal because it is connected the wrong way.

James
diegopino

Post by diegopino »

Hi James From Support Wahoo.

James Now I understand. Thank you very much for the support!
With your explanation I could understand and fix my mistake.

Now I can continue my studies of Sonuus Wahoo, It has a Pure and Perfect Sound!
is Amazing Sound Quality!

Thanks!

PD:
James Gracias por el Soporte! Me Ayudo mucho y Funciona perfecto!
Voy a continuar con mis estudios del Wahoo…
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Thanks for letting me know you got it working in the end. Enjoy!