wahoo firmware update problems

For the Wahoo™ Dual-Analogue, Digitally-Controlled Wah/Filter Pedal

Moderators: johnmc, james

james
Site Admin

Re: wahoo firmware update problems

Post by james »

Hi Greg,

How far does the progress bar move when doing the update before it fails?

My only thoughts currently are:

(1) Download the sfu file again in case this is corrupt.

(2) Try a different USB cable, or different USB port in case that's causing a problem.

Which version of OSX are you using?
greghilight

Post by greghilight »

Hi James,

Thank you for your reply.
First i tried with different firmware that i downloaded from sonuus website.
i tried with Wahoo_1_0003.sfu , with Wahoo_1_0300.sfu... none worked.

the update in green goes only to 1/8 of the progress bar...then it comes back to 0....then does 1/4 of it then goes to this message: Update Error!

Also when the Update start , the lights on the pedal goes off...like if there was no more alimentation in power...
i tried the same manipulation with a 9v power supply , and with 4 AA batteries ....same result...the lights goes off as soon as the update start...then after fews seconds...Update Error!

I'm using Yosemite on my mac 10.10.2

Actually , i'm on tour for 3 dates , so i won't be able to try with a different USB cable until i come back from tour on Monday.

I will keep you update as soon as i have tried with a different USB cable. ( i already tried from both USB port on my laptop !)

Thanks for your help and support.

Best Regards

Greg

thanks again James, keep in touch soon
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

the update in green goes only to 1/8 of the progress bar...then it comes back to 0....then does 1/4 of it then goes to this message: Update Error!
It sounds like it is disconnecting for some reason (or possibly detecting a failure then restarting). Is there a pause before it restarts as if it's looking for the USBd device again?
Also when the Update start , the lights on the pedal goes off...like if there was no more alimentation in power...
i tried the same manipulation with a 9v power supply , and with 4 AA batteries ....same result...the lights goes off as soon as the update start...then after fews seconds...Update Error!
The lights will go off during the update. This is normal because it's not possible for it to do the update and control the LEDs at the same time.

So you know, battery power will be disconnected when there is USB power available, but 9V power will be used if this is available in preference to USB power.
I'm using Yosemite on my mac 10.10.2
I'm not sure if we've tested on 10.10.2, but have certainly tested on 10.10.3 with no issues.

Let me know more when you get back.
greghilight

Post by greghilight »

HEllo James,

Thank you so much for your reply.
I finally tested with a different USB cable (mine was working on other devices, but didn't finally worked with the wahoo) and it worked perfectly.
I confirm you that with 10.10.2 , its working perfectly.
this time the update went great, in one time, until the end of the green bar , and it result in a Successful update.

Thank you again for your help , and your patience.
I am very thankful that you responded me with such a patience and professionalism ! (sorry for my wrong English , im just a French Frog !!)
Great job , i will keep you updated if i can remplace my 24db home made bandpass filter with the wahoo ( and then stop to be worry that it stop to work before a 20.000 people show!!)

Wishing you all the best,
Thanks again

Greg
www.hilight-tribe.com
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Hello Greg,

That's great news. Thanks for letting me know. And please keep us updated how you get on with it compared to your home made filter!

James
allara

Post by allara »

greghilight wrote: I finally tested with a different USB cable (mine was working on other devices, but didn't finally worked with the wahoo) and it worked perfectly.
Had same problem and i'm very glad to find this forum post.. It was quite disturbing to see how a second hand Wahoo became a brick :)