unwanted noise

For the Wahoo™ Dual-Analogue, Digitally-Controlled Wah/Filter Pedal

Moderators: johnmc, james

Solomonking

unwanted noise

Post by Solomonking »

purchased both wahoo and voluum. Stand alone direct into amplifier they work fine. I hooked them up in sequence with other pedals (i.e. distortion, reverb and chorus). unacceptable noise was introduced when activating Sonuus pedals. guessed power supply was inadequate. Purchased voodoo labs digital. No improvement. suggestions?
james
Site Admin

Re: unwanted noise

Post by james »

If you use isolated power supplies it should be ok. When you chain power supplies between pedals, noise can be caused by ground loops between the pedals, and different pedals can act differently.
grahamspice

Post by grahamspice »

james wrote:If you use isolated power supplies it should be ok. When you chain power supplies between pedals, noise can be caused by ground loops between the pedals, and different pedals can act differently.
Do you have any recommended isolated power supplies? I have tried to use a Wahoo regularly along with other pedals with power supplied by the popular Truetone OneSpot but the noise introduced into my signal chain is unusable. Truetone makes the OneSpot Pro which is supposed to provide isolated power...would that work or do you have something else to suggest?

Thanks
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

The OneSpot Pro looks good. There are 9V outputs that can supply enough current, and these are isolated.