remoting WAHOO with midi Expression from VOLUUM

For the Wahoo™ Dual-Analogue, Digitally-Controlled Wah/Filter Pedal

Moderators: johnmc, james

ThePiecan

remoting WAHOO with midi Expression from VOLUUM

Post by ThePiecan »

Hello ...I can remote my Voluum from my Wahoo! But I'm failing miserably at remoting Wahoo with the Voluum...and I do need to remote the Wahoo! Can someone help me out, I'm missing something! I triend both expression coarse #11 & fine #43 out of Voluum . Midi OX idicates ports are all working. I can remote a Roland Reverb unit from the Voluum, so it would appear the Voluum is sending cc OK ! I set filter 1&2 channels on Wahoo to match midi channels. Set the Wahoo pedal to Expression .....but nothing. Those little crosses just wont sweep. I am missing the obvious, am I ? Im on latest hard/firm/soft wares .... any help appreciated!
james
Site Admin

Re: remoting WAHOO with midi Expression from VOLUUM

Post by james »

On the Wahoo, do you have the "mode" set to "pedal" and the "controller" set to "MIDI Expression" ? These settings are required so the Wahoo will use the MIDI controller it receives as a remote pedal input.
ThePiecan

Post by ThePiecan »

yes .... I have those settings. It's a mystery!
ThePiecan

Post by ThePiecan »

nb ..I also have that black strip problem on the bottom of the editor, so I cant use the midi in out indicator arrows as they arnt visible :-(
ThePiecan

Post by ThePiecan »

Hello James - So now I have the midi arrows , I can see that midi is leaving the Voluum and entering the wahoo. ((If I set the footswitch to expression on the Wahoo I can def turn the Wahoo on and off with the Voluum as expression pedal...the footswitch clicks and led goes on and off)) However.... I dont want this! But its an indicator exp data is flowing to Wahoo! What I cant do is get the filters to Sweep - Is my data range enough to get the cursors sweeping? Is there some other thing to get it sweeping between the filter limits or something .... somehow the filter isnt picking up the expression data ! ( I have expression out of voluum and set pedal mode and expression on wahoo, cc types and channels to match etc! )

anything Ive missed ??
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

I've just setup the same test, using MIDI-Ox to route the MIDI from the Voluum to the Wahoo and it works.

Note on the Voluum, I don't have any expression overrides set (top-right of edit tab):

MIDI out ch = Global
expression ctrl = Global
range = 0 to 127

Here's a summary of my other settings:

On Voluum:

midi out channel = 1
expression controller = 11-Expression

On Wahoo

midi tab

midi channel in = omni
filter 1 channel = 1

edit tab

mode = pedal
controller = MIDI expression
ThePiecan

Post by ThePiecan »

Great ...thanks James. I copied your settings identically and it worked! So thats great. I was using both the tabs above range and not on Global...although Ive gone back and put in specific channels and has managed to work. The main problem appears to be...after testing both fine and coarse and no joy ....i continued to test using cc#43 , which does appear to glitch it up again. I felt cc#43 was smoother when going from Wahoo to Vol. Although I can work with cc#11 from Vol to wahoo.
I am now back on midi channel 11 and it works! It also works duplicating the cc to both filters by setting both to same channel. So it is mainly the fine cc#43. Which is strange, because I tested cc#11, because my reverb only picks up exp on cc#11 and when that was all working , the wahoo wasnt...So it might have locked or something. Anyway ....I can get by on cc#11. Have a look at cc#43 see if it glitchs out for you! Im sure i just worked backwards from your settings to cc#43 and it worked and then didnt again and locked. Anyway...I'll now stay on cc#11 (coarse) and crack on. Many thanks for the help today as I can crack on with this tune now. Crs James Thanks again!