Wahoo editor under linux

For the Wahoo™ Dual-Analogue, Digitally-Controlled Wah/Filter Pedal

Moderators: johnmc, james

Maga

Wahoo editor under linux

Post by Maga »

Hello,
As it seems you don't have a linux version of the wahoo software, I tried with Wine. The software is launched like this, but no button is available, like when the pedal is disconnected. I think it might be a problem of driver or a missing dll.

As the software itself seems really simple and light (tell me if I am wrong), it might not be too difficult to recompile it for linux ? Or at least, do you know a way to have the pedal recognised under these environment, for example a driver that I could launch with Wine ?

Thank.
james
Site Admin

Re: Wahoo editor under linux

Post by james »

Hello,

Yes, you are correct there is no editor for Linux. It's a lot of work to make it compatible with Linux, it's not just a recompile.

The Wahoo uses standard USB drivers: USB Audio (for MIDI) and HID (for the editor). I believe these are built into Linux. I would expect this to be able to communicate through Wine, though I've never tried it myself.
Maga

Post by Maga »

Thank you for your answer.
If the drivers are standard, it is probably not the problem.
Maybe there is some dll used by the editor ? That could help.
For what I found in different forum : “if the usb device is recognised under linux, it is recognised unde wine”. That's true the pedal don't appear as a volume mounted. Neither under windows actually.
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

There are standard windows DLLs used by the editor. Check Wine has all of these.

These are used by the HID communications:

setupapi.dll
hid.dll

This is for some graphics drawing:

gdiplus.dll

These are for lots of standard windows functions:

advapi32.dll
comdlg32.dll
gdi32.dll
kernel32.dll
shell32.dll
user32.dll