Is there a global output level?

For the Wahoo™ Dual-Analogue, Digitally-Controlled Wah/Filter Pedal

Moderators: johnmc, james

BoboFret

Is there a global output level?

Post by BoboFret »

Surely I'm understanding this incorrectly. Someone please set me straight...

As I understand it, there is no global output level adjustment. It can only be adjusted in edit mode on a per preset basis. Is this a true statement?

All the presets seem to be well below unity gain when the effect is bypassed and I'm trying to find a global parameter to adjust and!!! apply across all presets.

Thanks!!!
james
Site Admin

Re: Is there a global output level?

Post by james »

The output gain is per-preset. There is no global adjust.

This is because the output level can vary a lot between presets, so this lets you balance the bypassed signal with the effected signal.

For envelope filter presets, there is a global adjustment for sensitivity (see "sensitivity adjust" on the setup page of the desktop editor). This lets you adjust the sensitivity when you switch instruments, or if your instrument has higher or lower output than the one used to create the presets.
All the presets seem to be well below unity gain when the effect is bypassed and I'm trying to find a global parameter to adjust and!!! apply across all presets.
All the presets have been carefully balanced so they certainly shouldn't all be "well below unity gain" unless there is some problem with the Wahoo.