midi and foot pedal cursor latency

For the Wahoo™ Dual-Analogue, Digitally-Controlled Wah/Filter Pedal

Moderators: johnmc, james

ThePiecan

midi and foot pedal cursor latency

Post by ThePiecan »

Hi James.... back again!

I just updated a notebook I have for the Wahoo with windows 10 ....because i got tired of the midi stack problem in windows 7

Now it would seem that Ive got a annoying cursor latency on midi clock and pedal moves with the filters when sweeping.

Is there anything obvious you can point me in the direction of. I'm sure usb drivers reinstalled after the Win10 update so prob not them ....I have the win 10 pretty stripped down too!

Thanks
james
Site Admin

Re: midi and foot pedal cursor latency

Post by james »

How much latency are you seeing? There will be some latency because the editor is not updated exactly at the same time as the hardware, but for slow updates it should be reasonably synchronised.

The USB drivers are standard USB-HID drivers and are part of Windows, so there shouldn't be any driver issues, unless there's a low-level USB driver issue with the chipset on your motherboard. But this should all be correct as it's usually done by the notebook manufacturer to make sure all the chipset drivers are correctly installed.

Out of interest, what "midi stack problem" are you referring to in Windows 7, I wasn't aware of any midi issues in Windows 7 and always found it incredible stable for midi.