Mapping Dry/Wet tot Expression Pedal

For the Wahoo™ Dual-Analogue, Digitally-Controlled Wah/Filter Pedal

Moderators: johnmc, james

actitect

Mapping Dry/Wet tot Expression Pedal

Post by actitect »

Hello everyone,

I recently bought the Wahoo and use it mainly with synthesizers.
Although I instantly notice the device is primarily created for guitarists, the hardware and concept is great and should also be perfect for synths.

But for synth-purpose I miss some things. The most important thing I would like to be able to do is map one or both filter Dry/Wet values to the expression pedal. With the software I was able to create a custom patch witch kinda mimics the result of a dry wet expression, but it was far from perfect.
Just a simple direct mapping of the Dry/Wet 0-100 to the Expressions Pedal HeelDown-ToeUp would already be very useful.

Is there a way to achieve this? Or would it be something technically possible to create in a firmware update or mod?

Thank you all very much for your consideration and reply.
james
Site Admin

Re: Mapping Dry/Wet tot Expression Pedal

Post by james »

Technically, this is possible, but the results wouldn't be smooth. The wet/dry mix is controlled by a digital pot, so it has steps as it switches between values. If you swept the wet/dry mix you would hear zipper noise as it did this. If you play something and adjust the wet/dry you might be able to hear this. Usually it's quite subtle, but we'd want it to be perfect before allowing it to be modulated (like the filter sweep etc).