Software improvement suggestions

For the Wahoo™ Dual-Analogue, Digitally-Controlled Wah/Filter Pedal

Moderators: johnmc, james

icarusi

Re: Software improvement suggestions

Post by icarusi »

I'd like to use LFO and pedal control together on a filter. I know I can have them on separate filters but it's a different sound, and fairly normal on syths to modulate the filter with LFO and also sweep it down/up manually with a control knob CC message. I'd sacrifice a second filter use, if needed to be doable.
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

OK.

Exactly what would the pedal do with the LFO? Currently both the LFO and the pedal sweep the filter between the full range from lo to hi. How would these modulation sources (pedal and LFO) interact. Would you want a smaller range on the LFO that can be swept up and down using the pedal?
icarusi

Post by icarusi »

"Would you want a smaller range on the LFO that can be swept up and down using the pedal?"

Yes, I think so, otherwise I don't think it would sound like the synth effect, although it may be a manual amplitude sweep of the LFO wave. On the Volca Keys synth the 'manual' knob is marked 'cutoff, but different synths have different naming conventions. On the VK when the LFO is dialed off from the filter, the cutoff knob just manually opens/closes the filter. The analogue is a helicopter sound approaching then passing, also a sound featured on Edgar Winter's 'Frankenstein' track. http://youtu.be/NIldF-pGUCU?t=3m16s
Flop54

Re: Software improvement suggestion

Post by Flop54 »

Can you had an option to flip the phase of the signal. I blend the wahoo with another pedal and the signal seems to be flipped...
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Will have to check the best way to add this.

Two alternatives that should work now:

(1) simply flip the hi/lo values and the phase should then be inverted... does that work for you just now?

(2) Set phase to 32 (i.e., half way) should invert it.
Flop54

Post by Flop54 »

james wrote:Will have to check the best way to add this.

Two alternatives that should work now:

(1) simply flip the hi/lo values and the phase should then be inverted... does that work for you just now?

(2) Set phase to 32 (i.e., half way) should invert it.

I do not know if it was well understood. But when I talk to invert the phase I'm not talking about the phase of the waveform, but that of the sinusoid. Wahoo for me reverse the signal so if its the same bass is used with a parallel loop the two sounds is canceled ..
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Oh, you mean the phase of the analogue signal?

If so, that can't be changed -- it's done in the analogue hardware.
Flop54

Post by Flop54 »

thank you for this update. we can finally have some groove with the midi sync!!!!!

Now I will bother you with the duo mode of the two LFO on the wahoo and after it will be perfect for me. Optical option on the voluum is very good ..

Thanks!!!!!
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Great. Thanks for testing this for us. We'll make it official soon.

Duo mode on the Wahoo LFOs -- it will be a while until we can look at that. We have too many other things we need to do first. Sorry.
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

New firmware now officially available as version 1.3.0 (http://www.sonuus.com/software.html)