james
Site Admin

Re: Adjusting tension/stiffness of pedal treadle

Post by james »

dannybuoy, I've sent you an email.
Wahberheimer

Post by Wahberheimer »

james wrote:Wahberheimer, thanks for the update. You spoke to me at MusikMesse, and it was very nice to meet you.
Hey James, I know it's been a while. I just came back to this forum for the 1st time in almost a year and found your message. Yes, I was the one at MusikMesse. Although it was very loud around you very patiently explained me how to do the surgeon job on the pedal, thanks for that. It worked out quite well and the pedal ist still perfectly adjusted. Now I will hopefully find some time to install all that software I just downloaded. Keep up the good work!
JPCampeau

Post by JPCampeau »

Would love those instructions as well James! Mine is very tight

Cheers!

JP
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

I've send you a PM, so you can email me to get the instructions.

You can also do the adjustment with a spanner. Several customers have had success just using using a 10mm spanner. The trick is to hold the adjustment bolt with the spanner and turn the spanner at the same time as moving the pedal. I would suggest give that a go first because if you can do that, it's a lot simpler.
flumpjumper

Post by flumpjumper »

My pedals stiffness is alright, but there is a little bit of play in the movement. Every time I use it, I can fell a slight movement/stickiness that isn't terrible , but does bug me.
Can this be addressed by adjusting the difficult to access bolt?
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

You should be able to adjust the bolt. If you have a small 10mm spanner, it can just fit under the pedal to grab the head of the bolt. The trick is holding the spanner still while moving the pedal to loosen it slightly.
flumpjumper

Post by flumpjumper »

Hi.

Found a 10mm spanner and did the adjustment of a few poofteenths of a mm.
The action is very smooth now, and I officially love the Wahoo. Hadn't realised, but I'd developed an expectation of the action feeling stiff/sticky and a subliminal aversion to using it too much.
All good now
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Great!
NWeiland

Post by NWeiland »

id like the information too :)
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

The best way is using a 10mm spanner. There aren't any specific instructions for this, but I find it easiest if the Wahoo is upside down with the back of the pedal (USB connections) facing you. Move the pedal heel-down so you can get into the nut. Then it's just a case of finding the correct position where the spanner can grip the nut. Do this by moving the spanner and pedal position until it works. You want to move the nut anti-clockwise, so either keep the spanner stationary and close the pedal, or keep the pedal open and move the spanner. Sometimes one way is easier than the other.