MIDI clock.

For the Wahoo™ Dual-Analogue, Digitally-Controlled Wah/Filter Pedal

Moderators: johnmc, james

digi2t

MIDI clock.

Post by digi2t »

Will the Wahoo accept incoming MIDI clock signals? That would be cool for aligning the LFO with other LFO's
james
Site Admin

Re: MIDI clock.

Post by james »

Yes, it does and LFOs can indeed by sync'd to MIDI clock. (MIDI is sent via the USB connection.)
digi2t

Post by digi2t »

Aaaammmmmaaaaaaazzzzzing!!

Thanks guys! Just ordered one. Looking forward to seeing how the vowels aspect compares to my Ludwig Phase II as well. Looks very promising though, if the demos are any indication.

Looks like a few of my pedals might find their way onto Ebay.

Cheers,
Dino
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Great. Please keep us updated on how you get on with it.
gastric

Post by gastric »

Is there an adapter that converts regular 5-pin MIDI and provides it to units via USB?
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Yes, there are a few "adapters" that do this. Actually, it requires quite a bit of processing power to do this, so it's not just a simple adapter.

The Kenton "MIDI USB Host" works well (more info on this page, with links to the manufacturer) http://www.sonuus.com/products_wahoo_faq.html

iConnect MIDI also works, but does more than the Kenton, and correspondingly costs more too: http://www.iconnectivity.com/iConnectMIDI
digi2t

Post by digi2t »

The Kenton unit works flawlessly. I'm using it now in my setup, and it also powers the Wahoo, so one less cable. The iConnect is no longer available.

I'm using a Molten Voltage Master Control for MIDI clock programs or tap tempo, with a Kurzweil Mangler as the master output to all my MIDI clock inputs. The Kenton sync's the Wahoo perfectly.

Thanks for the info.
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Great -- thanks for the update. I didn't realise iConnect was no longer available, but I agree the Kenton works very well.
ThePiecan

Post by ThePiecan »

Is there a device that converts midi 5 pin din to usb-b ????....which is what the wahoo has?!!!!

Do I have to take a laptop on stage just to be in sync with my rig? Along with midi to usb-a converter lead and then noisey lappy and then a USB-a to usb-b cable!!

A five din port would be soooooo much easier!,,,,,

all I want is midi clock in the sucker......Jease! :roll:

My only other bit of kit with a USB-B is a Voicelive..... But TC Helicon nicely added 5 pin din midi in and out as well!!

:evil:
eriky

Post by eriky »

Hi ThePiecan,
I connected my old Casio keyboard with DIN-5 to my PC for Ableton using this http://www.rolandus.com/products/details/1157 which was quite affordable, the Roland UM-ONE.
Best regards,
Erik