Re: MIDI clock.

Post by james »

ThePiecan,

Yes, the Kenton device mentioned above works perfectly to do what you want:

http://www.kentonuk.com/products/items/ ... host.shtml
ThePiecan

Post by ThePiecan »

Thanks for the replies..... Yes I have midi to usb-a adapters an Alesis and an Emu one.....but you still need a crappy Laptop or PC in the loop....I have been doing this, but it's a huge pavlova and once your done with the editor who wants all that crap onstage! Looks like I gotta outlay almost another ton for the Kenton.... :twisted: Huge oversight by wahoo not to add 5 pin and I regret buying the wahoo now. Sonuus should supply a midi to usb-B inc' power lead!!!

Does anyone know if the Kenton unit powers the Wahoo unit from USB ? ..... Please

Thanks
ThePiecan

Post by ThePiecan »

I just read above the Kenton....still supplies power too....

.....another box!
ThePiecan

Post by ThePiecan »

Yeh I did that with an Alesis cable.... My Wahoo....is sooooo noisey and crackly when running the clock through my Lappy with just Copperlan and Editor open. It ruins the whole experience of creating patches. Connecting to a Lappy and using same com device for clock doesn't seem to work. We all don't have pro music Lappys....but do have midi cables! A separate midi port would have been soooo much better! I don't have one bit of kit admidst my synths and effects that have midi sync function that don't have a midi port! A device that relies on filters that sync to midi clock needs a standard midi port. Not a way of making it noisey and crackly!
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

See this post regarding USB noise:

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1124#p3012

I agree that a MIDI port would be nice, and it was considered, but we just couldn't fit it into the design.

(FYI: Our new Voluum pedal, which should be available in the next few months, does have 5-pin MIDI in and out, along with USB.)
ThePiecan

Post by ThePiecan »

Does this new volume pedal link to the wahoo?
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

The new Voluum pedal doesn't link to the Wahoo, other than through the MIDI link via USB-MIDI to the Wahoo.

Of course, for audio, they can be connected together like any other effects pedals.