SampleTank

The Sonuus G2M™ iOS app

Moderators: johnmc, james

jhrb

SampleTank

Post by jhrb »

Have tried with Thumbjam, Animoog, Magellan and all work though the tracking is more successful for some apps than others. However, I have had no success trying to get G2M to work with SampleTank which is annoying because it is the main sound source I want to target. To make sure it isn't me, I used Thumbjam as the controller for SampleTank with no problems. Went back to G2M and again no sound.

On a side note, if the PANIC and TEST MIDI buttons in the options panel are doing anything it certainly isn't apparent. There is absolutely no feedback, visual or aural.

Cheers ....
james
Site Admin

Re: SampleTank

Post by james »

Regarding the PANIC and TEST MIDI buttons. These should light when you press them. Is that not happening? Which iOS device are you using? There was a bug on some devices where those buttons didn't light, so maybe that is still there. In this case, I believe the buttons still work you just don't see it.

I don't know why Sample Tank isn't working. It looks like it supports Virtual MIDI so it should work fine. There is a free version, so I'll pick that up and see if I can get it working.
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

An update...

I can reproduce the PANIC and TEST MIDI buttons not lighting. Should be fixed in the next update.

I tried SampleTank, and I can't get it to work either. Maybe it's doing something strange with the audio. Thumbjam probably works because it's only sending MIDI and not opening any audio input. The G2M app needs audio input to work.

We're off to the NAMM show in LA tomorrow, IK Multimedia should be there. I'll try and have a chat with someone there to see if that problem can be resolved.
Clive664

Post by Clive664 »

Here's the weird thing - I can get G2M to work with Sampletank with no difficulty, but can't get a response from Animoog or Thumbjam. I have an iPhone 4S running the latest iOS, so it is a bit of a mystery. I am connecting with an iRig, but I have also tried using an Ampkit LINK. Are there any settings in Animoog or Thumbjam that I need to change? Animoog can see the G2M as a midi source and I have it highlighted, but nothing happens. Sampletank hooked up without me having to do anything other than turn it on!
addseo1115

Post by addseo1115 »

Thanks for posting the useful information.
I am new member here.
Glad to see your responds.