New Board ft. Voluum ... praise, bugs and questions

For the Voluum™ Digitally-Controlled Analogue Volume Effects Pedal

Re: New Board ft. Voluum ... praise, bugs and questions

Postby james » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:43 am

Canbaz, yes that's a fair point. It's certainly easy to change it back to the old behaviour.

If it was possible to change this so you were able to tune while in edit mode, you would also loose the ability to cancel edits by using the footswitch.
james
Site Admin

Postby sascha » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:24 am

Dear James (and all),

here comes my first Demo video featuring the Voluum, running on the 1.5.2 version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OP95vVoBTQ

Since the effect enable/disable functionality is still quirky in 1.5.2, I reprogrammed all my ES-5 patches. Now, each patch sends a program change and at least 6 CC commands to the Voluum:
[*]CC=102 at 127 to make sure the Voluum is switched on
[*]CC=84 at 0 to make sure the Tuner is off
[*]CC=79, 80, 81, and 82 at either 0 or 127, to turn on/off the Gate/Compressor/LFO/Volume function on the Voluum as desired

This works quite well and lets me do what I want: Have a basic Voluum preset (P00) that I use for most of my ES-5 patches, and turn on/off effect blocks as needed. And being able to turn on/off the effect blocks manually with ES-5 assigns.

When I change from my tuner patch (that sends the Voluum in Mute/Tune mode via CC 84) to certain other ES-5 patches, however, I still get unexpected behaviour: Certain effect blocks are on while they should be off and vice versa. I have to select another none-tuner patch first, then go back to the patch I want, to make it work correctly.
sascha

Postby james » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:05 pm

That is a fantastic video. What an amazing sound (and great playing too!)

I will relook at the MIDI control issues for you, but it will have to wait until next month until I can free up some time.
james
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Voluum™ Support